Louspeakers for a workshop

1. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Charity shop cd/radio and speakers £7. I'm a bit done as the remote doesn't work :( Yes I tried new batteries :D

tom2207 and Olderisbetter like this.
  2. Olderisbetter

Olderisbetter Forum Supporter

If you point the remote at your camera on a mobile phone and press some buttons you can see the infra red LED light up if it is working, it's my quick test method.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  3. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

Had a makita 18v bluetooth radio. It died, and i replaced it with a single UE megaboom. It's perfect - way more umph than the makita. One is enough for me, but two of them would satisfy anyone, even in a really big workshop!

4. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I've got a UE Roll I use in the garage, I think it's the smallest/cheapest one they do and it's more than loud enough for me.

EDIT; They don't seem to make the Roll any more, replaced by the Wonderboom perhaps? Either way, they're great little Bluetooth speakers

Munkul likes this.
  5. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

I've recommended Amazon Echo speakers before, so I'll do it again :D

We have the previous generation of this and the sound quality is fantastic, and can go pretty loud:

Introducing Echo Studio | High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon Devices
    £189.99

We also have one of these, at the other end of the price spectrum:
    Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Sandstone Fabric: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon Devices
    £39.99

All the echo speakers support bluetooth, have wired input and can also operate without a phone if you have a spotify or amazon prime account.

eLuSiVeMiTe, Olderisbetter and Parm like this.
  6. Slowcoach Member

In my defence your honor I did say “a couple”, and if that doesn’t cut the mustard the OP may be ok with mono.

Parm likes this.
  7. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

Amazon are doing black friday deals on Echo speakers...

The "Dot" that I bought is on for £19 again, and other bits are on for £30 upwards. Ignoring the politics of Amazon, these really are fantastic bits of kit for much cheapness...

Echo & Alexa Devices - Amazon.co.uk

Parm likes this.
  8. Parm

Parm You can take a horse to water but ....

ive just ordered two Dots

skotl likes this.
  9. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

The £19 ones or the new "tennis ball" ones?

I almost bought one of the balls but then realised that I don't have a room that does not currently have an alexa/echo thingie...

10. Parm

Parm You can take a horse to water but ....

The £19 quid jobbie. I have “proper” music set up in every room that I need it in. This is my first foray into this new technology

Advertisements