Lorch t220 basic vs t220 control pro

1. Munkul

Munkul Jack of many trades, Master of none

It's a short tap of the single button Matt, the short tap (on 4t only i believe) activates secondary current, another tap disables it, and a button hold ramps the current down to end as usual.

I believe Esab, Lincoln and a few others have had this on a few models, designed specifically for single button torches.

I have to admit, I find using the Lorch secondary current button quite difficult, you have to hold your hand a certain way so you can either move your finger/thumb from one to another, or you have to roll the finger/thumb over onto it. But it's not something I personally need to use in reality - guess I'd get used to it if I used it every day.

I never have the problem of accidentally triggering it, though.

Cheesie likes this.
  2. Cheesie Member

I know the buttons right below the top one but I just can't get to it and I don't even have small hands it's no biggie I would just like it like the ewm I use in work from time to time

3. Cheesie Member

I have never hit it by mistake

4. Cheesie Member

How do I set a job on the basic plus,ive never been great with manuals, not through beeing lazy just a bit of a problem, I'm getting plenty of work for this now, if I can't sort it I'll put a chart on the wall with the settings also now rethinking torch choice for when I eventually get a cooler, using the torch to raise and lower amps would be real handy 20200321_144913.jpg

Brad93 likes this.
  5. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Find the setting you like, then just press and hold the job number button you want to assign it too, for about 5 seconds it should blink a couple of times when it’s saved

Cheesie likes this.
  6. Cheesie Member

Would this be worth buying? I had to use a prweld acdc machine a few days ago on certain aluminium jobs it was fine but there was a few times I couldn't get it to work for me to the point I felt like going home Screenshot_20200327-162627.png v

7. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

It’s over half price so might be worth a punt.

Cheesie likes this.
  8. Munkul

That's what I have, but mine's the 8m version, and the basic non I version.

It looks like a really good price, you have the option to upgrade to the powermaster control as well which is nice.

I find the UD buttons to be really useful for changing from one program to another.

Cheesie likes this.
  9. Cheesie Member

10. Cheesie Member

You don't happen to know how much a torch like yours costs roughly new

11. Munkul

Well it varies because of dealers prices, but i think i paid around 200-250, maybe more maybe less, i can't remember.

90 is a good price, I'd be tempted myself for a backup torch except i can't be on with short torches.

12. Cheesie Member

I'd prefer an 8m myself makes more sense especially if you can control it from the torch
    I'm waiting on a reply from the seller

13. Cheesie Member

This arrived today ordered a pump for my cooler

• 20200509_143033.jpg
  14. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

They’re lovely torches the Lorch water cooled ones

Cheesie likes this.
  15. Cheesie Member

I prefer an aftermarket torch but at the price I got this, it's well worth it, plus with what I do at weekends ECT it was becoming a real pain in the ass going to the welder to turn it up and down, hopefully when I get the cooler up and running all is good, only plugged it in to check buttons where working

Brad93 likes this.
  16. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

You should try the power master torch, those are fantastic.

Cheesie likes this.
  17. Cheesie Member

This gets me going, maybe someday ill get a torch like that, not to knock anyone with a prweld but I'm so glad I spent more for the t220 after using the parweld for the last 3 weeks

Brad93 likes this.
Advertisements