Lorch Dealers in uk

1. Saturn 5 New Member

Hi,

Other than wasp where else might i be able to look at prices and understand offerings for 240v machines. The UK website isn't very clear and I cannot seem to get the wasp website to load. I wonder why there appear to be so few dealers?

2. James1979 Member

I looked after reading @Brad93 's comments yesterday and it was very unclear. I emailed them for a list of dealers and await reply. I'll put it on here when they reply

3. Saturn 5 New Member

Thanks James, exactly the same reason I started to look at them as a consideration. Then I saw a video of a unit being demoed on 115 v which was impressive to say the least. I know there are a couple of Lorch guys on here somewhere. They might pickup on the post. I do feel that the single phase 240v customer is not really wanted by lorch...

4. seriesonewelder Member

West Midlands
  5. James1979 Member

I think the single phase 240 customer is mainly domestic? Site work will be 110 and workshop will be 415? Just my take on it. I'd love a good 240v tig and a good self contained plasma cutter. Would make working away from the shop a lot easier, especially on farms and things

6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Elmdale covering east anglia are my dealer, WASP in Luton very good, truflame in the north great guys.

James1979 likes this.
  7. James1979 Member

I've worked with elmdale before, good guys. They were a big ESAB dealer, didnt know they did Lorch, but I havent used them for about 5 years now since I have been out of that area

Brad93 likes this.
  8. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Lorch do quite a few TIG machines in single phase and a couple of MIG plants.

James1979 likes this.
  9. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Yep, Elmdale are a good bunch.
    Done Lorch for at least 5 years I would say.
    Still a big ESAB distributor, particularly consumables.

10. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ve had that MicorTig Demo’d at the company I worked for. Fantastic. We had 30m of 1.5mm2 core 110V cable running off a transformer, running 180A tig. We also had a quick go on the battery, and 230V. Right piece of kit.

James1979 likes this.
  11. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

Hi Guys, thanks for showing an interest in our products.

Please feel free to PM with your requirements and I’ll do my best to help you out.

My notifications on the forum have been a bit hit a miss lately so apologies if I have missed any previous mentions.

12. Munkul

Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    They're an industrial machine company so cater for the 3 phase shops more than most, but they do make some very good 240v stick and TIG sets. They also do a couple of well regarded 240v shop MIG sets.

Their Micorstick and MicorTIG sets are fantastic, being able to run off just about anything - battery, generator, 110v, 240v, etc - and they're super smooth to weld with.

13. Badger1bear

Badger1bear If your not on fire, then your too far away

The Lorch MPro252 mig single phase is a fantastic piece of kit :thumbup:

MichaelV, matt1978 and Brad93 like this.
  14. Robbie260 Member

I ordered from wasp couldnt be happier with the service, ordered over the phone as i couldn't get thier webside to work correctly for me either. They had it delivered to the scottish highlands no bother.

matt1978 and Brad93 like this.
  15. morssdn

morssdn Member

I found wasp good for after service too.

16. Munkul

Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    I don't think Express cutting and welding do much online, but they certainly sell over the phone. They're superb with me, for both my personal business and my work's needs as well, best around here IMO

Advertisements