Liftmaster 20 Ton Air Manual Bottle Jack

1. johnakay

johnakay Member

teesside
    has any one used one of these?
    thinking of getting one for my press.
    need to be at least 20 ton.
    just watched a video of one and it seem rather slow pumping up the arm.
    the normal hydraulic pumps dont seen to last long.
    mine always leaks at the little pump after use about 40 hrs over the year. I've had about 5 over the years.
    I've replaced seal in the pump etc but still they start to leak.
    I have a 25ltr compressor not sure if it would be enough to operate the jack.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Ton-H...555871&hash=item4b688f8c96:g:UsMAAOSwxINdSoUK

2. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

They are not greedy on air John, I have had mine for many years and it’s been 100% reliable.

06D51671-9497-48E6-B28F-385B5C184A43.jpeg

johnakay likes this.
  3. johnakay

johnakay Member

teesside
    I think what knackers mine up is a sudden release of the press when punching holes or slots.
    would this be fine for this type of work?
    it seems that I cannot buy British made for around a £100.
    they all look like Chinese made.
    might as well buy Chinese direct at half the price.

Hopefuldave likes this.
  4. cocker

cocker Member

I was using mine the other week , changing a tractor tyre in the woods .
    Little genny and 25L compressor . Worked fine , just a little slow .

5. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

I bought a Tangye for my press.....no leaks ever...often run it to the max.....25ton.....

6. Hopefuldave Intergalactic pot-mender

I've been thinking of (cheap Chinese one) too, but I'd want the jack inverted so it was static and the ram moved - on a manual job it's pretty easy to invert and put in a pick-up tube for the pump, I suspect the air-over pump needs to be the right way up - put it on a piece of hydraulic hose with a reservoir tank? I'm not sure how they're plumbed, other than the pressure line has to go to the ram cylinder - do they feed from the outer body like manual ones, and does the air-over pump just "shuttle" pressure through the original one-way valves or is there flow through it? Been hunting for a decent drawing of what's inside for a few head-scratching evening hours already, if anyone knows...

Dave H. (the other one)

7. johnakay

johnakay Member

teesside
    this is how it work so I'll be getting one.looks good.

8. Hopefuldave Intergalactic pot-mender

I found an exploded diagram of the air cylinder section (page 11 of http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/e/e816d5b6-a3bc-4531-82f7-43d4ff8c7a47.pdf), there are no non-return valves etc. in the hydraulic side, so it must duplicate the function of the manual pump cylinder, no more, no less - so it should be easy enough to put the air cylinder on the end of a hydraulic hose to relocate it and otherwise do the "usual" for inverting a bottle jack (feed pipe and remote reservoir, sealing the original filler hole).

I might buy one to experiment with next week, EvilBay has 'em stupidly cheap :)

Dave H. (the other one)

Advertisements