Kemppi TU20

1. wingnut489 New Member

southampton, uk
    Hi I have just joined the forum today and need help. I bought a kemppi tu20 a few months ago. From what I have read it was the wrong thing to do as I bought the high frequency unit first and then bought the welding set which is a kemppi master 1500 dc inverter. The kemppi dealer could not supply leads as they are not designed to work together. The tu20 is designed to work with a bigger set 30 volt ac supply from an umbilical. But the 1500 doesnt have anything like it. With a bit of trial and error on my part I managed to get both to fit but blew a resistor due to the age of the tu20 approx 10 years old does anyone know where I can source components. It works and I get all functions that I am aware of it slopes on and off but as I have never tig welded before i dont know what the component I blew was meant to do. please help

• 051.jpg
    • 052.jpg
    Rezadpm likes this.
  2. Rezadpm New Member

Hi fellas i have a kemppi pss3500 with tu 20 unit and i want a manual for tu 20

3. lundtang Member

Denmark
    Write to kemppi In Finland, they are pretty good and quick with manuals to older gear.

4. Rezadpm New Member

Thx 4 your gra8 ful help

5. lundtang Member

Denmark
    It seems you are lacking the amphenol plug for the remote. The TU 20 is strange in that respect that the only way to control the main welding current is with the remote. It might be a simpel potmeter though. If you are lucky the schematic can be seen on the inside of the cabinet. at least it is like that on my WU10 cooler that is from the same age as the TU20.
    Regards
    Andreas

Advertisements