Kemppi tig torch wiring question.....

1. Morning all. Whilst changing the torch on my mls tig the whole connector was turning. Once undone I saw that the wire has come off the pin.
    Now even using a magnifying glass I can't see which terminal it was attached to and it looks as if there are several possibilities.
    Any of you clever people help before I have to take the machine apart.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

If it's just an on off switch poke both ends of a loop of wire in random holes till it switches on. G is one of them so you have a start already :D

3. It' for the hf start on the torch so I don't think I want to do that!

4. waddycall

waddycall Member

United Kingdom
    Can you not plug the torch in to it and tape the switch down and check for continuity between g and the other pins with a meter?

5. Jan

Jan Member

Check which terminals are used in the back of the corresponding plug. They should have the same letter designations.

6. Yes, that is a good idea....

7. That means taking the covers etc off which I was trying to avoid at this stage.

8. waddycall

waddycall Member

United Kingdom
    Can you not plug the torch in to it and tape the switch down and check for continuity between g and the other pins with a meter?

Sorry I'm wrong there - thought it was the socket on the machine that had a broken wire!

9. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

The HF current does not run through the switch, it only operates the mechanism inside the machine. The other pins on the back of the machine will be connected for use with a remote pedal so a continuity check will probably show all of them working.

10. RapidResponse Forum Supporter

Portsmouth UK
  11. Cheers, I think I sorted it.

12. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

DO NOT DO THAT! One of my customers did the same thing on an R Tech AC/DC digital 210 and ended up doing over £300 worth of damage to the control board.
    Get the wiring info from Kemppi and make sure you get it right.

13. I used a bigger magnifying glass to see which pole had been soldered before and just re-attached it. All working fine now thanks.

14. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

I was going to say that you could see the remains of the solder in the picture but I think you had it sorted by then.

15. Salvatore Prestianni Member

Hi, with the kemppi, do you need the original kemppi tig torch for the hf to work. I have an after market tig torch and footpedal. My hf does not work. Rgds Sam

16. Richard.

Richard. Member

No.
    The tig torch has no relation to the activation of the HF.
    If you’ve got power and gas but no hf then there is a problem with the hf.

Solo likes this.
  17. Salvatore Prestianni Member

Thanks Richard. I might go and get it serviced to see what the problem is with the hf. What sort of mcycle is in the thumb nail. Rgds Sam

18. Richard.

Richard. Member

Hey Sam. Yeah it might be a points set up if it’s quite an old machine in which they can be easily set up and serviced by a service engineer.
    The bike I only bought in September last year, it’s a zx10R C2H (first generation)

Advertisements