Kemppi miniarc mig not working

1. Hi went to use my miniarc mig today and had no joy plugged it in no power no display changed fuse still no joy did notice that the light in the switch wasn’t on
    Any ideals

Memmeddu likes this.
  2. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

with been a member long enough I do believe that you know its best to post pics

very little info to go on with what you have put already

Memmeddu likes this.
  3. eddie49 Member

Is the machine still under warranty? If so, contact the supplier. If not, you could do is a visual internal inspection. Power off and disconnect the input power cable. Wait a few hours for any voltages held in charged capacitors to decay, then remove the casing. Look for any internal fuses, loose or badly-seated plugs and push-on tags, burnt components, loose or corroded connections, "dry" solder joints, and loose screws or bolts on the high-current wires and busbars.

If it's really broken, there are 3rd-party companies that can repair inverters, but again, in the first instance, I'd recommend contacting the original supplier.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Memmeddu likes this.
  4. wyn

wyn Member

I had trouble with mine last year.
    It was something similar with intermitant power.

I found it was the power lead going into the welder had got a bit dodgy.
    I opened it up and shortened the power lead to get rid of the dodgy bit and it's been fine since.

5. MoreWellie Member

Step 1. Check the power socket it is being plugged in to

Memmeddu and arther dailey like this.
  6. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

So what was the problem?

7. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

Sounds like a broken mains lead if the light on the switch isn’t even coming on. Open the plug, unscrew the cord grip and pull on the live and neutral conductors. They shouldn’t stretch. If they do you have a broken one.
    Open the casing and do the same with the mains lead where it enters the set. Cables rarely break in the middle as they get bent at the same point all the time at the plug and the panel grommet.

Hope you get it sorted easily.

eddie49 likes this.
  8. Memmeddu

Memmeddu Member

I think he disappeared
    Last seen on October 4
    First seen on October 3

Advertisements