Kemppi MinarcMig Evo 200 ??

1. Markus19 Member

Hi guys im quite a amatuer welder i have always used my cheap arse kende 200 and a clarke 135 some welds good some not so good and a hell of alot of splatter on my kende using flux wire

Today i had a go on my freinds Kemppi MinarcMig Evo 200 and i have to say i did one of my best welds i have ever did! And it was just a quick blast i could hardly see what i was doing

How do you guys rate these welders ?

2. wyn

wyn Member

I use the older type 180 minarc. It's been very good.
    I was using it today welding down 8x4 sheets around the edge...just keeps on going.

Used it on aluminium a bit and it was good on that.

I've had to replace the torch with the newer style one as i cut through it with the knife on a combine harvester.:doh:

3. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I have the Minarc 200 and I absolutely love it....I've done stainless and mig brazing with it too.

The only issue I've had is it really doesn't seem to like 0.6mm wire....no idea why. But with 0.8mm its fantastic.

It was blooming expensive...but its so well made vs my old migmate which was junk and never worked properly!

4. wyn

wyn Member

The automatic settings are based on 0.8 wire.
    With 0.6 wire you need to have it in manual and mess about with the voltage and wire speed to get it right.

5. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I'll give that a go....cheers wyn.

The auto settings are pretty amazing....when I did the mig brazing I literally just threw the wire in there, dialled the thickness and material in and I was up and running. It was the same for the stainless welding too.

6. Markus19 Member

cheers guys these come in around £1200 would you say there worth the money ?

also with all the fancy digital display what is the wear on this in the long term in the sense all this fancy tec is good when something is new but when some thing gets old and one of these components goes wrong they can be irreparable or very expensive to repair

also what is the wire feed tension like on these as i always had issues with my kendi..

7. Badger1bear

Badger1bear If your not on fire, then your too far away

I’ve had the minarc mig 200 and I must say it is a really nice machine to use. To someone starting out it can give your confidence a real boost at what your able to achieve when welding :thumbup:

8. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I have the older model 180 as well and I can only praise the machine and can't understand why you would need .6 wire as mine will weld really thin metal using the .8. I have repaired old scooter panels with it and the metal is like tissue paper.

9. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Yea I was welding a lot of tissue paper....most of my welding is on old Japanese cars. I was trying out the 0.6mm to see if it would make life easier....I think it's more sensitive to the torch being coiled.

In the end I just stuck with the 0.8mm!

The automatic setting on the Kemppi I find are almost spot on...I think that really helped me when I was getting going and didn't have a lot of confidence.

10. evobilly666 Member

Regarding durability, my Evo 200 has been in regular use for around 5 years. Other than liners and a replacement torch (tracked over it with excavator) I have had one problem. The wire feed motor packed up, giving slow feeds at all settings. This was replaced foc as a warranty claim. Collected, repaired and returned within 4 days.

11. bwservices Member

every now and then a real gem of a machine comes out,the minarcmig is one of the few

arther dailey, wyn and evobilly666 like this.
  12. wyn

wyn Member

I've had my 180 for 11 years.

13. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Can't remember how long I had mine, it's a little gem of a machine. I was welding some 1mm wall tubing the other day and it still amazes me how easy it makes everything. It spoilt me really as I always used older machines with manual settings I sometimes use a migatronic transformer welder and you have to set voltage settings like a caveman :D

wyn likes this.
  14. wyn

wyn Member

I've just been using mine the last couple of days welding 3mm sheet....72' of welding, i was a bit disapointed as i had to fit a new contact tip near the end.

Munkul likes this.
  15. SV1BDO

SV1BDO Member

Has anybody experience welding ALU with this machine ? I have seen it in a demo during a trade show and was amazing on thin mm alu sheets.

Advertisements