Kemppi Arcfeed 300

1. Shane Dunne New Member

Hi. I have a new arcfeed 300 and I am struggling to get it operating correctly.
    I am running it off an arcgen 330 cc engine driven welder.

I am experienced in mig and arc welding.

I have a Hobart hefty cc cv wire feeder that works perfectly with the arcgen.

I can't manage to get the arcfeed running properly. I either have too much power and not enough wire or vice versa.

I have it set to cc on the panel.

I contacted our kemppi dealer and he came to our workshop but had no experience with the arcfeed either.

The arcfeed comes with a large and a small gear. I have tried both.

In the information, it says that you need to change the jumper settings if you fit the larger of the two gears but I have looked at this and can't see where to do this.

Has anyone any experience with these and an anyone help me out please?

Thank you.

2. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Would suggest they get someone from Kemppi to come & dem the kit, or they can have it back

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  3. rory1

rory1 Member

Have you connected the voltage sensing cable to the job?

4. Shane Dunne New Member

Hi and thanks for the replies lads. The only cables connected to the work are the earth from the power source and the small earth from the arcfeed. If both are not connected, the unit will not turn on.

5. bwservices Member

You would only fit the larger gear if you wanted more wire speed.its not going to help if sometimes its too low or sometimes too high,as you say

6. Shane Dunne New Member

Hi John. I tried it with the small gear also but to no avail. I might get you to look at it if you're around Newbridge.

7. Shane Dunne New Member

Just to update this. I am running it on the cv mode on my lincoln ranger. It works perfectly on it. It just doesnt like cc mode on either welder. Am running the large gear without any issues. Cheers.

Hood likes this.
Advertisements