Kemppi 235 acdc auto TIG...anyone lucky enough to have one?

1. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I was unlucky enough to be checking out Kemppi TIG welders....I don't know why I was doing it because I just bought the Sherman (Jasic clone!)!

Anywho...I came across this bad boy.....have Kemppi really released an auto TIG machine???

In the video the guy is seen selecting material/thickness/joint/weld position...and off he goes. I have their auto mig but I've never seen an auto TIG machine before!

Only issue I have is it's £3k+....and I had enough trouble convincing the missus that the Sherman was worth buying for £500.

Wish I never found this!

Parm likes this.
  2. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

No problem, I will give you £450 for your second hand sherman (jasic clone) just tell the misses you sold it for £xxx and made a profit ,enabling you to buy the Kemppi.. no good getting older if you dont get wiser

Parm and Pigeon_Droppings2 like this.
  3. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

theres a brand new kemppi tig on gumtree at the moment..

4. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Is it this auto one or the old one....there is a guy on ebay selling one but he wants more than it would cost new from rapid welding...I never understand why people do that on ebay. I mean...anyone going to spend £3k will look around at prices....a second hand machine needs a good discount vs the new price.

5. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

I just looked at the price an moved on ! out of my league , I have a miniarc kemppi mig , similar thing work wise I geuss it makes life a doddle

Pigeon_Droppings2 likes this.
  6. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Yea me too I think...but you know every now and again you see something and you want it....it's one of those I think.

That auto setup looks the nuts...if it's as good as their mig I reckon I'd be doing TIG like a pro in no time!

Parm likes this.
  7. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

must admit I was sceptical till I used my (second hand) miniarc mig , instantly loved it , wouldnt part with it now ,yes still have a trany based welder , but to be able to chuck two extention leads together then weld on a new latch to the gate in a moment ,yes Kemppi are good, and I must admit these were only light extention leads , but modern tech definately has advantages .

8. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Same here...bought the minarc as a big birthday present....seemed like I was spending a small fortune on a welder...now I think it's cheap for what it does.

I am tempted by the TIG....I'm time poor these days and it would save a whole heap of frustration I think....once I learn with it I could just sell it I guess....but I suspect I'll never part with it. They do seem to make excellent welders.

9. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Well regarding the sherman ,joking aside, I would have it if you decide to try the kemppi , what you say about the K.mig , yes if I had the chance now to get the 200 model wouldnt hesitate , where as previous to trying/using one you have that nagging doubt re cost and expectations , I can relate to that totally.

10. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I'll let you know if I have a moment of madness....but reckon I'll stick with the Sherman at least to give it a go and see how I get on :thumbup:

11. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

no problem , yes just give me a shout . Dont be tempted to try a kemppi at dealership though as that might prove fatal ;)

12. Rrobson

Rrobson Member

Automatic settings aren’t going to make you a better welder... yes it’ll put you in the ball park if you’re not sure but it’s nothing you can’t achieve with a traditional welder and some trial and error. And just because it recommends x amps for x joint doesn’t mean it’ll be suitable.

daleyd likes this.
  13. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I sort of agree...if you can already TIG then you don't need this.

I have their MIG...what the auto settings give the beginner is the ability to roughly get the setting right so they can then focus on torch technique...basically it cuts down the number of variables that the beginner can get wrong.

Bit like having a teacher set up the machine so you can practice...more trial less error.

But £3k is a good chunk of cash...I could buy a lot of tools with £3k!

14. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

ye a Kemmpi :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::doh:

15. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Just remember you only die once

16. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

you know theres a kemppi tig on the selling list on here I presume , not the auto jobby though ,but @ a very reasonable price I believe.

17. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Yea but the minarc Tig is DC only....otherwise I would have bought it :laughing:

18. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

:thumbup:

Advertisements