Kempact Adaptive mode

1. GreenBlood Member

Thoughts? I am hankering after a 253A, I like the idea of a machine where I can select 1mm mild steel and I just get going. And make small changes as necessary. Is this how it works? What are your thoughts Adaptive users?
    Steve

2. Tally Member

When i was shopping for my welder it was between a 251a which is the single phase version of what you are looking at and and a esab 235 which has a clever form of synergic mig.. From the looks of it its a pretty good synergic mode the kempact has.. But yes that is what you do.. choose your wire and thickness you plan to weld and choose what kind of weld run you want.. You planning to use the spot welder function it?

3. tom2207 Member

Lots of machines have a synergic feature , but after a week you will have your own settings for things you do and the way you like to weld ,, and at that point it will just live on manual mode. Or recall from a memory ,if you have that function.

4. GreenBlood Member

I bought the adaptive three phase model. I have been waiting a week to get a contract for gas, will be able to play with it on the 10th when apparently I can sign the contract...(I live in france...things are different here!)
    I will definitely be using the heat spot function and I’ll be mostly doing body work.
    Have you used this function?
    The 253A has memories so they will be useful for sure.

5. Tally Member

True but the esab rebels have SMIG which is a clever adaptive synergic feature... It will make sure your do a good weld on the material you trying to join while you are actually welding.. Though it can back fire a bit if you welding something really really thin but its handy to use if you cant be bothered to dial in the settings if you welding many different thicknesses on a project.. But yeah if you want to spray you have to recall from memory on the manual mig on it

6. Tally Member

No i don't have your machine but i heard its pretty handy on thin stuff so pretty useful if you working on body work. But yeah i went for the esab since it was a multi process machine but if i was a sole mig user id get a kemp

Advertisements