Introduction

1. Badger_Mcletcher New Member

Bristol
    Hi all, I'm a long (looooong) time loiterer on this forum, and thought I should probably introduce myself.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade and a petrolhead- though I'm interested in nearly anything mechanical. I've done a fair bit of MIG welding over the years. I also cut my teeth TIG'ing up a stainless exhaust for my kit car and a bit of intake work out of ally, though it runs out of puff and flips the RCD if I try anything more than 2-3mm ally!

I would describe myself as semi-competant - my welds aren't always the prettiest, but I take it seriously and have yet to have one fail on me. Of course it also helps that I try to overengineer everything ;)

I tend to not post unless I think I can be useful... thus my lack of posting :laughing: Hopefully I'll be moving house at some point soon, and will be more active as I sort that workshop out.

As an aside, here's a picture of my kit car (awaiting the second attempt at an IVA):

[​IMG]

And my next project, when I can get around to it:

[​IMG]

2. Parm

Parm You can take a horse to water but ....

Welcome on board

Eager to see your projects progress

Badger_Mcletcher likes this.
  3. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    Hi & welcome :waving: What is the kit car, and are you running a V8 (looking at the bonnet bulge)? Nice Dolly Sprint :thumbup: Good luck with the IVA - the biggest drawback with building a kit car :mad:

4. Badger_Mcletcher New Member

Bristol
    Thanks for the welcome guys :)
    The kit car is a Haynes Roadster, so not so much kit as it is scratch built. It's got the 3.0l V6 out of a S-Type Jag in it; the bonnet bulges were for the ITB set up I made for it, which just proved too temperamental. They may go on after the IVA, when I don't have to worry about emissions so much! But yeah, the IVA is a pain :(

Edit: I forgot to say - the Dolly isn't actually a sprint - it's a 1500 HL with a supercharged mx5 engine in it. Awaiting a rebuild, during which I'll give it plenty of TLC and probably will turbo the engine.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    slim_boy_fat and Nick DV like this.
  5. RWD3M

RWD3M Forum Supporter

Hi and welcome!

The matt green and the roundel are a teaser, any RAF connection?

Oh, and I've always loved a dolly!

6. Badger_Mcletcher New Member

Bristol
    Hi, thanks :) No RAF connection per se I'm afraid, just spent a lot of time working on or around aircraft! I kinda wanted to emulate some of the theme of the classic Morgan 3 wheeler / WW2 fighter look, therefore I went with all black instruments, roundels and the green paint scheme. Also I've put the power, fuel, ignition and start button in the roof :D

Aye, I was looking for an older car I could use or turn into a practical everyday car - this failed horrendously at that, thus being off the road at the moment and needing a rebuild :vsad:

RWD3M likes this.
  7. duncans

duncans Member

Welcome to the forum

8. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@Badger_Mcletcher Welcome to the forum from up near the moon :waving:. Nice projects coming up, we like to see/read about progress with such things.....;)

Advertisements