IFL parts problems

1. danman Member

lincolnshire
    So i bought an IFL not to long ago, had a bit of starting bother with it then fine. All was good.
    Then i messed up, switched it on without connecting air hose an melted swirl ring. Ordered another off Steve @weldequip...
    Week or so later did the damn same thing but he cannot get anymore,its been a long time an i'm sat with a dead cutter. Feeling it was a total waste of money, yes my mess up but whats point if you cannot get consumables.
    Anyone know if ote else fits??

2. gaz1

gaz1 Member

3. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

If it switches on without any air pressure I'd investigate the possibility of a faulty pressure switch somewhere.

carbon likes this.
  4. danman Member

lincolnshire
    I had not connected the air

5. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

That's the point, if you don't connect the air it shouldn't power up.

premmington and Hitch like this.
  6. danman Member

lincolnshire
    Oh i see

7. pondy

pondy Forum Supporter

I had an Eastwood versa cut which I did this with. Pulled trigger with no air resulting in smoke and burnt out consumables. Not done it with my r tech fortunately

8. bwservices Member

cheaper sets often don't incorporate an air pressure sensor

9. nickk Forum Supporter

Are IFL still operating?
    I tried for a control knob for my welder couple of years ago,spoke to a very helpful Norman,several times ,but never sent it,long since given up,even though to be fair(mainly because I knew the original inventor who’d lent me one on site),he was going to send it to me for free!

10. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Slight aside, did you manage to fix my IFL tig welder? :ashamed:

11. Ruffian Member

Would almost speak to inverter fusion themselves in honiton and seek there guidance if there are pressure sensors internal etc.

12. Turbo Member

Ifl have a range of welders made in the UK, the ones that look like a briefcase. They are very well made & very reliable. They also do a range of what looks like rebadged Chinese welders, not sure about the quality. Sadly their plasma cutters also look to be Chinese units. :(

If you know the torch model I think you can buy the consumables on ebay, a lot of different makes of plasma cutter use the same few torch types.

13. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    It would be good to know which model of torch you can buy on ebay - I THINK it's a Trafimet Versa-cut 40 copy torch, but not 100% sure. I have one of these IFL plasma units too, and just bought my stuff from Weldequip.

14. nickk Forum Supporter

Just typical,carried my kit over the bridge to weld handrails,and my ifl wouldn’t work,was fine when I put it back in the van last time,time to get the old faithful Austrian transformer out.

Advertisements