How to replace swan neck liner?

1. mattbearman

mattbearman Member

Me again, sorry for all the posts, I'm determined to get my Snap On 130 running properly :)

Anyway, I managed to sort out the wire liner, and then when I was feeding wire back through, the swan neck liner got caught on the wire and was pushed out with it.

The swan neck liner looks pretty nasty so I'm gonna replace it, do I just push the new one down the swan neck, or should it be attached some how? I can't find any instructions anywhere on removing and replacing the neck liner.

2. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

should be a grub screw at the bottom of the swan neck then the swan neck will come out

3. mattbearman

mattbearman Member

Thanks! I'll have a look for that. Although considering how easily the old one came out with the wire, I suspect it's either not there or not doing its job properly...

4. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

should be this shape[​IMG]

5. mattbearman

mattbearman Member

The one that came out of my torch gets wider at both ends, like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151152666110

I was so surprised when it emerged that I didn't take note of which way round it goes, but I'm assuming the longer wide section (right hand side on that ebay picture) goes into the torch first?

6. rikrobson

rikrobson Member

I think iirc the longer bit goes into the block.

My valve failed before the liner so that's why I went for the et conversion.

Advertisements