horizontal to Vertical

1. 3000alloy

3000alloy Member

So I have finally started my Horizontal to vertical Compressor conversion. Couple of hours works done so far. The black handle is from recycled box section form an old weights bench. The check valve split when I tried to remove it so have a few spares ordered. Should be up and running by the wkend. The main reason for doing this is to save space as I have a car lift coming for the garage at some point. IMG_20200218_175736.jpg IMG_20200218_175728.jpg

Sorry about the sh*te pictures.

2. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    I thought you had had an earthquake......
    :clapping:

slim_boy_fat and 3000alloy like this.
  3. Wildefalcon Member

That's a very good idea! Why didn't I think of that (say nothing)?
    Of course there is no reason for the pump to be attached to the tank, which will give me a lot of options.

Thanks.

3000alloy likes this.
  4. 3000alloy

3000alloy Member

Bit more progress this evening. IMG_20200228_170307.jpg IMG_20200228_170326.jpg

Getting ready to paint the kitchen in the next month or two, so my next quest is a decent stay gun for furniture...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  5. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

After seeing someone post an upright compressor earlier it has got me thinking...

3000alloy likes this.
  6. 3000alloy

3000alloy Member

Further exploits today, made an air receiver tank. Drain port on top with inlet and outlet on opposite sides IMG_20200307_145553.jpg

For those looking to get rid of the gas smell. I used a mix of wall paper stripper, washing up power, fabric softener and stain remover. Filled the tank with water and left sit for 1/2 day and the smell is pretty much gone.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. NickMc Member

Never understood why uptight compressors aren’t as popular on this side of the pond- seems to be the norm in the US and canada.

Richiew and mtt.tr like this.
  8. graffian

graffian Seer unto the end of his beard

I think all the small T30 and the Tecalmit compressors I have seen were vertical. I was always wary of them as they look top heavy, space wasn't an issue as my compressor lives outside. Used to see a lot of these in garages:
    [​IMG]

Advertisements