Help with identifying and sourcing bearings

1. mm289 Member

Dover, Kent
    Evening all. I know I should probably have better things to do on Christmas Eve, but everythings prepped for tomorrow, family is watching Peaky Blinders Christmas Carol:vsad: and so I have some time to relax in the machine shop :clapping:

One of my projects (detailed elsewhere) is overhauling some Biax scrapers I have bought. As part of the overhaul I want to see how easy it will be to swap out all the bearings in the scraper. They don't necessarily need doing but if its feasible whilst they are stripped it makes sense.:)

So, I understand bearing numbers and there are lots of places to get them from, but when looking at bearings for the shaft on my Centec I discovered black arts like different "grades" of bearings - bottom line, I don't know what I don't know about bearings so safest to consult the collective oracle:thumbup:

Below are the specs on the bearings I am looking for and I wondered if anyone could advise on how easy these are to source, suggestions on manufacturer/retailer and if I need to look for particular "grades"?

1. Main Bearing for the wobble gear - probably takes the most abuse
    2019-12-24 21.50.34 (Medium).jpg

2. Bearing that supports the gear/drive shaft
    2019-12-24 21.33.43 (Medium).jpg

3. 2nd driveshaft bearing
    2019-12-24 21.36.29 (Medium).jpg

4. Armature commutator end bearing
    2019-12-24 21.31.06 (Medium).jpg

5. Armature fan end bearing
    2019-12-24 22.03.24 (Medium).jpg

On this last one measurements are approximate as I haven't figured out how to remove it yet:(, very small gap between back of bearing and fan - any suggestions?
    2019-12-24 21.37.20 (Medium).jpg

Probably not highest priority on anyones list at this time of year - but if you get bored over the hols all advice appreciated :hug:

Cheers,

Paul.

2. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark Member

3. bourbon Member

4. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

5. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

Another vote for bearingboys

6. pawsnizzy Forum Supporter

7. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

To get the armature bearing off, if you're not bothered about saving it, clamp in a vice and hit the end of the shaft dead square with a copper or lead drift. Support the armature at the same time, obviously...
    I've used bearingboys and simplybearings, no issues with either.

mm289 likes this.
  8. mm289 Member

Dover, Kent
    Thanks for the responses chaps - apologies for the radio silence, been laid up with flu for the last 3 days, barley moved out of bed :(. Put a bit of a dampener on all my Christmas projects:dontknow:

Does anyone with bearing "insights" know if any of these markings denote "special" bearings, high grade/ high speed etc or are they just standard bearings?

Still got streamig eyes so apologies for crap typing:vsad:

Cheers,

Paul.

Advertisements