Help needed cosmo 145

1. Stotty23 Member

United kingdom - East Midlands - chesterfield
    Hi all I'm pretty new to forum I've just bought a cosmo 145 mig welder just for general body work and things not to weld anything big but anyway I'm wanting to convert it to euro torch but I no the gas solenoid is in the torch handle on this machine and wanted to no what gas solenoid I would need to purchase and also how I would go about wiring the solenoid in I have I a few photos of the welder and the Inside thanks

• 20190408_114602.jpg
    • 20190408_124717.jpg
    • 20190408_124726.jpg
    • 20190408_124729.jpg
    • 20190408_124746.jpg
    • 20190408_124752.jpg
  2. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

looking at the inside its not new

how long have you had it i would be using it for a while as is before spending a packet to find it dont weld right and if your starting off with a good known welder if you have problems you know it what you done not problems you already had

3. Stotty23 Member

Sorry bud I don't follow what you mean I'm trying to find out were and how I fit a gas solenoid to it so I can convert it to euro torch not a fixed torch like it has at the min

4. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

there will be people along soon to help on the conversion there have been a few threads on here asking about it

5. grim_d

grim_d Forum Supporter

He's saying have a go with the machine to establish if it's good enough for your needs before spending a not inconsiderable amount on the conversation.

If it's a *NO SWEARING ON THIS FORUM* welder a euro torch won't make it any less *NO SWEARING ON THIS FORUM*

6. Stotty23 Member

I've had a play with the welder and it's not to bad just for doing light work car panels etc I want a euro torch as the torch on it is *NO SWEARING ON THIS FORUM* button really stiff and the lead isn't long it's only a meter long at most if that I already have a decent euro torch in garage that I can use anyway I'm not new to welding like I do it for a job but I'm not an electrician so not a clue were to start fitting a gas solenoid and the euro conversion is only £20 ish and solenoid like £15 so

Advertisements