Help finding correct bayonet for coupling

1. JJL New Member

Hi i'm relatively new to air compressors and need one to power one of my semi-automatic machines.
    I recently bought a small 100psi oil-free air compressor from Atlas Copco and am trying to figure out what type of male beyonet will fit the female coupling on the compressor.

Atlas Copco THEMSELVES do not know and have given me several wrong answers to the point where im very close to returning the machine because of their incompetence and lack of basic knowledge.

It is not a UK or EU standard bayonet so i have no idea what it could be.
    Thanks for all the help in advance.

[​IMG]

2. jimbo84 Member

Can it be removed and replaced for a standard coupling?

3. Surely it can only be a PCL or a Euro? Otherwise it is highly likely to have a 1/8" thread so a Euro socket can be fitted.

I reckon it is a Euro though.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  4. JJL New Member

I have both, the PCL fits but not properly it's very loose and the Euro is far too big.
    See attached

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Simplest is to just change it for something sensible then. Unscrew it and verify that it is a 1/8" thread and problem solved.

6. JJL New Member

That's my last option, I didnt really want to **** around with it because you need to take the whole pressure reducer off to simple get the coupler off.

7. Surely that will just unscrew from the regulator via that large nut at the back of the coupling?

8. merryman Member

Fairly sure those fittings come in various diameters. They look a lot like the ones we have at work. I will check this afternoon where the boss gets them from, if I have time.

9. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Surely you just need to unscrew the coupling you shouldn't need to take anything off, most likely it will be a 1/4 BSP. Get yoursefl down to Screwfix and get some PCL XF. Couplings are about £8 and the probes are about £2

10. Is that what I meant? :D

11. zx9

zx9 Member

Have you got an internal diameter for the female fitting? If it is smaller than a euro I am thinking it may be a rectus quick release fitting but why they should use one I have no idea and agree just change it of a euro would make life easier in the long run.
    Some info and sizes here https://industrial-hoses.info/en/pr...uplings/rectus-valve-quick-release-couplings/ that link is just one I found and no recommendation of the supplier should be taken.

12. JJL New Member

Thanks for all the help. Would have to take the regulator off because as soon as I get my wrench anywhere near the coupling the whole shaft rotates not just the coupling, I could change it just as someone whos new to using compressed air the last thing on my mind was to tamper with a brand new compressor.

Dont have the internal diameter but looks like 1/8 or 1/4" to me, will measure.

13. hotponyshoes Member

If it's an oil free compressor it might be designed for breathing use or airbrush/paint.
    If so it's probably a rectus fitting, 21 maybe.

14. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Could be Nitto or M type Count the balls ;)

upload_2019-4-23_13-25-27.jpeg

15. hotponyshoes Member

Have a look on the body of the connector, you might have to swivle the shroud around but there might be something written on there somewhere

500e likes this.
  16. Dutch Welder Member

Just swap it for a common one.

500e likes this.
  17. Melvyn Best Member

Can you not just remove the pressure gauge and use a spanner to hold the regulator while removing the connector?

18. RWD3M Member

What's that written on the coupling by the nut?

Advertisements