GYS NOVOMIG 160 Greenline

1. Tosh67 Member

I have purchase the GYS Novomig 160 Greenline and after doing some research on it I could find any difference between that and the GYS Smartmig 162 (apart from price & colour) I have even looked at the spec and spare part numbers and they seem to be the identical, does anyone know any different?

2. D.B

D.B New Member

Hi, I saw this on amazon recently and i am interested in purchasing one and thought exactly the same when comparing to the smartmig 162. Have you had chance to use it yet? Are they as good quality as they look? Thanks

3. Tosh67 Member

From what I’ve found out they are the same machine and painted green for amazon and the like! I’m not an expert infact the first bit of welding I’ve done apart from a small amount about 9yrs ago is on the learn mig welding section of this forum.

There might be cheaper migs out there but I thought I’d try this one because I liked the idea of easy settings but I don’t think it would have the fine adjustment that the experienced welder would want, but still can’t work out why it’s a fair bit cheaper than the Smartmig 162.

4. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

If my memory serves me well then I think they may be made in the Chinese factory rather than the French one.
    Could be I am getting mixed up though.

5. Tosh67 Member

Yes you are probably right as mine does have made in ROC (Republic of China) on the box, but from what I’ve read so are the parts for the gys Smartmig version but they are assembled in France! but don’t hold me on that as I’m just repeating what I’ve read that other people have said.

As mentioned when looking at spare part numbers the numbers are the same between both models.

Advertisements