Gys 200 AC/DC trigger wiring?

1. Mark Harrison Member

Hi, should be simple Parweld pro grip max torch, with STD single button as a swap for the item binzel torch. GYS say to connect red and and black to pin 2 and 3, but tried that and it doesn't trigger. I can pool the Binzel plug in and it triggers fine. Oarweld , switch and wiring seem ok. Continuity checked back to plug, on switch operate? The Binzel as a strange two position switch and us wired to all 3pins? Just about to work through all positions, but if anyone can put me out if my misery?cheers, Mark

2. Mark Harrison Member

Ahhhh, 1 and 3 maybe I missheard. I should have read the schematic better in any case. Start again

gt6s likes this.
  3. Neil Burton

Neil Burton Member

Hi Mark,

The Binzel torch that comes with the Tig 200 ac/dc package is indeed a double button trigger control which requires a 3 wire control. If you would like to replace this torch with a standard latch or depress trigger, you can use pins 1 and 3 on the Amphenol plug connector. please see diagram below:-

upload_2020-5-13_9-17-56.png
    kind regards,

Neil burton

4. Mark Harrison Member

Hi Neil, thanks for the reply. That got it working, I checked the Binzel wiring out as well so all three pins are connected. 2 if If am correct is switch Tina preset cold current on a two trigger torch/ handle? Thanks, Mark

5. Neil Burton

Neil Burton Member

Hi Mark,

That's great! Yes, the 3 pin double button control on the Binzel torch is for the Cold current control.

best regards,

Advertisements