Getting a response from big companies

1. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

Had a small amount of money going missing when using the international payment service Payoneer. It was only £35 but wrote to their customer services. Their answer was absolutely terrible. They couldn't understand English and started giving answers to questions I hadn't asked, it was an impossible conversation, like pushing water up hill.

Quick Google says others are having the same problem, they are US based and looks like they don't have an ombudsman service like we have here. Scary.

So off I trot to Trustpilot.com and leave them a review saying what happened. Not 30 minutes later, a proper English speaking agent contacts me and immediately resolves all my problems.

Still won't be using them again, the lack of Ombudsman service means I'd be completely at their mercy if a larger amount of money was to go missing.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  2. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I use Post Office international payments, the best about them is you can pay with a credit card so you are fully protected.

3. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

I'm having exactly that with support from two international companies. I had horrendous problems with my bank years ago, they'd distort your question and ignore bits they didn't want to answer. My telecoms provider is the same.

4. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

I'm also using a low cost energy supplier who's known for ignoring customer emails or have a 2hr phoneline queue. But when approached via Facebook they answer same day!

Sometimes there are ways.

Advertisements