Gas Less Nozzle

1. GavJ Member

Hi all, i was watching some you tube video's online last night, exciting Friday night , and i seen a few demos using a smaller nozzle or Gas cup, looks ideal to let me see the weld better. It fits almost tightly onto the tip as there is no need for the gas shield..Anyone know where I can get one for my Sealey Mighty Mig 100?

2. GavJ Member

like the one in this video

3. optima21 Forum Supporter

thats using flux cored wire for a gasless welder, if you'tre using gas you'll still need to use a shroud. if you're using flux cored wire (without gas) you can just remove the shroud anyway if is in your way

4. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

just buy the wire get welding as quoted its gasless wire you dont need the shield whilst using it

most of time i just take mine off and weld without a shield but most of time i dont bother and use the gas shield to block some of the bright light coming form the welding im doing

your mig is better if it can swap the wires around but you can weld with just normal version gas mode

is it viable to do i cant say but ive done it in a non gasless model before now

zeppelin builder likes this.
  5. GavJ Member

Ony using in gasless will use my tig if doing anything special, wasn't sure if anything could be damaged further up the torch, normally covered by the shroud....

thanks for the replies

6. Richard.

Richard. Member

I personally wouldn’t do this. Although the shroud isn’t doing much in respect of funnelling shielding gas it is acting as an insulator and should you lay that torch down accidentally catching the trigger you could blow the front end to bits. If the shroud is in the way for gas less wires it’s best to go narrower or cut it back.

7. rogerowen Member

New Forest, UK
    Wish I knew about this years ago! Flux cored welding without the shroud is going to make things much easier for me. I've seen a special narrow cone type shroud - but that is only available from USA.

8. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

That conical small shroud is to protect the gas diffuser which isn’t in use and to insulate the diffuser as Richard pointed out.

Not sure they’re available over here.

9. RayCon New Member

I am trying to find flux cored nozzle in Australia with no luck, so cut back length of gas nozzle to help prevent spatter build up
    This also prevents electrical short of uninsulated handpiece

10. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
  11. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

if i want to do that i just trim an old one down a bit

Shedendman likes this.
  12. Wonderweaver

Wonderweaver Member

That's 'Welding Commando' :p

13. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Yer my thought to
    I wonder though if one could be 3D printed?

14. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

its the heat off the end so would have to take some heat when welding with the gasless wire as the gun gets really hot compared to normal gas wire

15. mdr

mdr Forum Supporter

Select gasless nozzle 2pk

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183533191764

I bought one (different seller now out of stock soz) and they all seem to be screw type. Drill it out carefully with a 12mm drill bit and it pushes on fine.

Just seems neater to me to have a nozzle.

Shedendman likes this.
  16. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    I have to agree,it does look neater:thumbup:

Advertisements