Yeah started with a leaking shower into the kitchen underneath, ended up ripping the shower out as the plastic panels I used to seal the shower had failed, I also cut a huge hole from my kitchen ceiling to find the leak and to get rid of the broken plaster.You seem to have ben going through the mill a bit with the water/heating in the house! Hope you're on top of that now.
A couple of questions if I may. It wasn't obvious to me what you did diferent on the second bonnet, was it just the distortion that made you do it again? And are you ready to share the date for paint?
whilst I was fixing the shower we needed a plasterer to redo the kitchen and while he was here she wanted the landing and hallway done as well as the living room ceiling, part of that meant taking a radiator off the wall, and for whatever reason that was the catalyst to take my boiler out so i needed a new boiler fitting, if im fitting a new boiler im moving it from the stupid place it was. it just snowballed. and in the meantime I cant have consistent showers so I cant go and get dirty out the garage lol.
Its been total chaos!!!
all I done differently was cut the hole smaller, and bend the bonnet in on itself instead of welding a new bit of steel all the way around which ended up warping the bonnet, and I just wasnt happy with it. So I redone it.
I dont have a date yet, I have an "about 6 weeks", 2 weeks ago lol. so it will be mid May, might be sooner if he gets the parts he needs quicker. as everything these days Covid is effecting another part of my life.