Shedendman Member

east sussex
    So,moving on from my last post
    http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/flexible-swan-neck-mig.80496/
    It arrived yesterday and in good packaging so pleased about that
    swan1.jpg
    Thats what you get,quite simple really
    swan2.jpg
    You can see its just a tadge thicker and longer than whats in there already(make a note,tell yous further on)
    Very simple exchange off with the old on with the new
    swan3.jpg
    swan5.jpg
    Notice anything?
    swan5 (2).jpg
    swan7.jpg
    OK,the little problem i had was feeding the wire through,yes the liner is shorter:mad:,i have mine touching the shroud holder,so the wire was catching it after 15 mins or so i got it through
    (new liner on order;))
    swan6.jpg

All on and just a few of the positions i played around with
    swan8.jpg
    swan9.jpg
    This i can see in becoming very handy;)
    Item is solid enough,doesn't move if knocked and no different than with the old solid neck
    BUT
    Just one very slight thing,i'm right handed so use the left hand finger/s rested on the shroud as a guide,like so
    swan10.jpg
    (i dont normally hold it like this,just as the camera was in the other hand)
    i push my puddle more than pull it,so if you dont work both hands in sync you can move the end only slightly though,i'll just have to hold back further towards the torch handle instead,practice;)
    To sum things up i'm quite happy with it,again,its solid enough and a good feel etc.
    The real test will be when its put to work properly ie,stuck under a motor crammed between a prop and an exhaust arms out stretched ,well you know what i mean:laughing:
    Well worth the £12.50:thumbup:

HughF, hunter27, eLuSiVeMiTe and 2 others like this.
  2. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

I didn't realise such things existed!

3. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Saw one ages ago on youtube,got a funny feeling lance(chucke2009) from the usa reviewed one,not sure though

4. davidjohnperry a different breed

The are very useful to get in various tight spots or aux angles that the conventional neck can get to

Advertisements