First battery Tig

1. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

@Tom Orrow L visited Lorch today, here he is in action using an Industry first......completely “off grid” battery powered Tig welding

baldy, doubleboost, Parm and 9 others like this.
  2. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

Now that is a very handy piece of kit.
    Is it DC only?
    What kind of life can you expect from a full charge?

3. matt1978

At the moment DC only but I’m sure a AC/DC version will follow but certainly not for a few years yet.

Welding time purely depends on welding amperage selected. Typically a root run around 80 amps I believe it’s around 30 minutes

Richard. and Hood like this.
  4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

A pleasure to come in and see the kit, Matt! I've never been so impressed by any welding machine range.
    The S3 Mobil was amazingly fun to play with and the battery powered TIG was outstanding (until the gas ran out anyway :clapping:) I was also incredibly impressed by the M-PRO 252, i've never felt a smoother arc on MIG.

Brilliant.

Brad93, 123hotchef, Richard. and 3 others like this.
  5. Kent

Kent Member

How long to recharge for another 30 mins of action?

6. matt1978

About 1.5-2 hours Robin.....or immediately if you have more than one Battery as they are stand alone items

123hotchef and Hood like this.
  7. Hood

That is much better than I imagined and makes it a very handy tool for someone doing a lot of steel/stainless repairs away from the mains. :thumbup:

matt1978 likes this.
  8. matt1978

Still definitely with maintainance in mind, but it will certainly be a god send in some applications

Hood likes this.
  9. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

That unit is in another league in many ways gents. It’s not only an unbelievably good tig set but a full blooded duel voltage stick muncher.
    I personally have ploughed a 4mm (yes 4mm) low hy into a joint off a 3.3kva transformer 16amp 110 volt supply. Something I’ve never managed to do before in many years of site welding with dual voltage boxes. It’s also got a cel program so I’ll be trying some of those on it pretty soon.
    Super strong hf start, pulse and full range of settings for dc tig all in a 5kg box that would neatly fit in your sock drawer.
    I love it :thumbup:

doubleboost, Brad93, Kent and 3 others like this.
  10. Hood

I don't do a huge amount of Tig work when I am out and about on the boats but you never know what the future holds.

Parm and matt1978 like this.
  11. no idea Member

I was gutted when I missed the offer on the M-PRO 252 Control Pro last year - does anyone know if there currently is, or will be a similar offer on it again this year (I think it came down to £1050+VAT for the ready to weld package from WASP)?

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  12. Tom Orrow L

Was that for the basic panel or control?

13. no idea Member

That was for the Control. I didn't realise how much it had been reduced until the prices went back to normal and I've been kicking myself since.

14. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Please don't take this as being too harsh but when using a phone for video or photos you get far better results holding the phone sideways like a camera. You get full screen then not just a vertical slit. Everyone seems to do it - they should put a huge sticker on every phone.

Very interesting all the same. A lot higher tech than using a couple of car batteries direct to a rod!

eLuSiVeMiTe and matt1978 like this.
  15. Tom Orrow L

Very much reduced. We’ll have to see how generous Matt is feeling with future promotions ;)

Badger1bear likes this.
  16. Kent

Kent Member

Euro us on the fall now as many of us knew would happen. Things could get a whole lot cheaper from across the eurozone soon once things settle here the fall should continue..
    Remember just over a decade ago it was worth 58 pence
    To be fair German banks really don't want that but other eurozone nations like Italy are begging for a devaluation

17. matt1978

This was a "one off" special promotion which related to our entire M-Pro, HandyTig and MicorStick range due to it being the 60th Anniversary of Lorch in 2017. Knowing the additional price support which was available from the Lorch factory, it is one which I can't see will ever be repeated.....

Brad93 and Tom Orrow L like this.
  18. matt1978

It's going to have a really long way to fall to get back to anything like it was as recently as July 2015, where it was hovering around 69-70p. Today it is 88p. I hope the GBP stabilises but already the 2019 prediction from the Deutsche bank is 91p. A lot will depend on the type of deal that it struck and is in place for next March, it is something that I have a big interest in as it directly effects the pricing policy for the UK (as it does with pretty much everything we import from the Eurozone) Even Chinese goods are massively effected because they are priced in USD and the GBP has also suffered massively against that since the refrendum result.

19. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Working in logistics we are very worried if the customs union falls apart.
    Just try sending a pallet to Norway or Switzerland and you will know what I mean!

20. matt1978

I agree things could be very tricky indeed and will require some changes to the way we do business for things that so far we have taken for granted. For example none of my UK dealers are charged VAT from Germany, due to the EU Reverse Charge agreeement that is in place for EU Member states, this will obvioulsy change after March and give me another issue to handle that simply wasnt there before. However I don't want this thread to turn into a Puppy dog debate and potentially locked as deemed political.

fizzy likes this.
Advertisements