Face Shield Recommendations

1. Mart63

Mart63 Member

Looking to buy a new face shield for personal use as the ones provided at work are cheap and nasty. I like the futuristic look of the Honeywell Bionic but wonder how hard wearing it is. Also it's only class B protection. I've also been looking at the Riley Reon face shield that is class A protection. Anybody have any experience of using these face shields? Maybe somebody can recommend something better? Some advice or knowledge would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. James1979 Forum Supporter

What are you using it for?

if it’s air fed I can recommend the universal as it fits the esab hoses.

Woolly welding were helpful

3. Mart63

Mart63 Member

Just cutting and grinding mild steel with 4.5" and 5" angle grinders. I want something with better impact protection than the Silverline rubbish we have at work.

4. James1979 Forum Supporter

I think the airfed I have is available as normal. I like it.

For burning and things I've a 3m yellow headgear thing which you can fit shields on. I have the shaded one for burning but you can get the clear ones. Not sure about impact though but it is comfortable enough and is pretty sturdy

5. Dcal

Dcal Forum Supporter

I use the Bionic and really like it.
    You can get different visors which might give higher protection.
    I get them from Zoro who also stock stick on covers that really extend the life of the visors.
    Only problem I have with them is getting ear defenders to fit with them but the small, neck band 3Ms work, not a problem if you use ear plugs.

James1979 likes this.
  6. Mart63

Mart63 Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'd read somewhere that the Bionic was a bit flimsy and I wanted something fairly tough and hard wearing. I imagine that class B is probably good enough for most applications.

Advertisements