Eurotherm 605 Drive

1. EddyP

EddyP Member

Has anyone here any experience with a Eurotherm 605 inverter?

I got one with my mill and it was setup to use the original swith on the mill, which wasn't done that well.
    So I've sorted a little push button station for it, when I changed the settings for it to accept a pulsed input rather than a latched input as it was previously then I can't work out how to stop it. There is a vaque suggestion in the manual that its possible but it doesn't give any clue about which digital input the stop button should be on.
    I thought it would be the external trip on pin 10 but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've tried contacting Eurotherm, they no longer support it, I've tried contacting a couple of UK distributors for Parker who took over Eurotherm, they can't help either.

Any ideas?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

2. MCKDAVID Member

daleyd likes this.
  3. MBB Forum Supporter

Looks like you need aa double throw toggle switch. stop to the centre terminal, fwd and reverse to the outer terminals

4. daleyd

daleyd Member

Hi Eddy I work for eurotherm but it’s been a long while since I’ve done anything with one of these drives...

I seem to recall that you have to tell it you are using 2/3 wire control and also assign the stop to an input (but I could be very much mistaken). I’ll have a gander through the manual to see if anything jogs the memory...

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. daleyd

daleyd Member

So for it to work as described I think in the software you need to “link” whichever digital input you are going to use to the /stop parameter (293) in the sequencing logic.

Until you link these 2 then whatever state you have the digital input in makes no difference, as the state never gets to the right command.

Chapter 5-6 gives some info about the menu system and making links between blocks - it’s a very powerful and configurable system but doesn’t lend itself to doing a lot with the keypad. It’s easier using the software but I don’t know if you’d get it to run on newer pc, plus you’d need the cable or have to make one up - but if you are doing a simple setup like configuring the stop it should be doable from the keypad.

As an example if you wanted to use digital input 8 to control the stop function you would create a link like....
    728 - - - xx -> [293]

where xx is the link number, ie if you already have 15 links in your config and add another it will be 16.

6. daleyd

daleyd Member

For a visual representation see the section on macros (chapter 15). I am guessing you may have macro 2 or similar configured, which has dig in assigned to run fwd/run rev but nothing assigned to the /stop logic, which with nothing connected in software will always be false.

7. Agroshield Member

I have just downloaded a manual from: https://www.acpd.co.uk/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom/upload/File-1520876924.pdf

On page 184, it suggests that all the digital inputs are configurable. Hence, you configure three of the inputs to accept the signals shown on the three wire logic diagram and connect those inputs to the appropriate switch. There is a good chance that the first photo you show is the default setting for the digital inputs, but you need something a little different so you have to change the 'key binding' inside somewhere.

8. EddyP

EddyP Member

Thanks, I’ve worked out how to do this and made the changes but now when I turn it on it goes straight into config mode, I’m guessing because it thinks the stop button is being pressed. I’ve had a look at the DI settings for input 5 and it’s state isn’t changing when I put 24 or 0v to terminal 11 for DI5. Also tried inverting the DI but that didn’t make any difference either, not quite sure what’s going on at the moment.
    I’ve removed any other links to DI5, such as the jog link in case this did it.

Any ideas please?

9. daleyd

daleyd Member

Hi Eddy,

I don’t think the fact the stop input is active or not should have any bearing on starting in config mode - it’s an operational input so it’s perfectly conceivable that it might be either on or off on power up, so I don’t see any reason why it would enter config mode because of this? I can’t think of what might cause it to start up in config, but you may need to exit config mode otherwise it remembers its last state?? :dontknow:

10. EddyP

EddyP Member

I thought you exited config mode by cycling the power?

11. EddyP

EddyP Member

Ignore my last post, sorted it!!!

Brilliant!! Thanks for the help!

MBB and daleyd like this.
Advertisements