ESAB wire ?

1. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    been offered 40 rolls of this stuff.
    Can anyone tell me the advantages as even at bankrupt stock price it’s expensive! 8C8EE6F1-3C1F-4B83-9183-3D88311F2FB3.jpeg

2. voipio Member

Cambridge, UK
    £223.85 plus VAT from Rapidwelding.

Does the box look as if it's been stored dry, and is there no corrosion of the wire. If so, it might not be too bad a deal, depending on the price, of course.

Product info:
    OK Tubrod 15.14 is a flux-cored, tubular wire for all-positional welding using either Ar/CO2 or CO2.
    The wire is suitable for all mild and medium tensile structural steels.
    The running characteristics are exceptional, using the spray mode of transfer, and this applies equally to both shielding gases.
    OK Tubrod 15.14 is also universally approved to grade 3 by all major authorities.

3. Robert Mullins Member

I've used it many times, we used it for shipbuilding, also for the welding of marine dredging equipment, built of wear resistant (abbro?) Steel:
    If the welder attempts to 'dip transfer' the wire spatters profusely, and the weld deposit is not particularly pretty, leaving the operator debating his abilities:
    However, wind the volts way into the spray (free flight) transfer mode, 28+volts(increase the wire speed as well) and the wire comes to to life: hugely hot, deep penetrating, fast, so so fast, spatter appears as fine dust, some 'normal' type spatter does/can appear dependent on the usual vagaries such as corners and edges etc;
    I ran it with DCEN, an over sized contact tip, ie, 1-2 wire through a 1-6 tip to (try) and allow for expansion; and the contact tip positioned inside the shroud: whether the gas helped to cool the tip or it was a tad further from the weld I honestly don't know; but, an ABSOLUTELY brilliant wire

metalmelt, 8ob, pressbrake1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

How much are they asking per reel?

5. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I think you’re thinking of a different wire but that is absolutely in no way, shape or form of how you run this wire.

This wire only runs DC+.

28v is a bit high for positional use, perhaps downhand.

gordon stephenson likes this.
  6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

This is 15.14

• 2E756992-3817-47EF-ABCB-CE67162A978F.jpeg
    • A84F1903-C76A-41DB-A157-E8F20AF481B2.jpeg
    • F0045ACA-45D3-45E0-8A16-0E207F7D9224.jpeg
  7. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    Been informed I have to buy all 42 , maybe ten years ago I would have got through it but now I’m on a roll a year

8. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Damn. That’s a lot of wire.

9. Adam Marshall Member

I may be interested in buying some reels or half of them pm me if you would like to do a deal. Cheers

Advertisements