Decent Pick Set?

1. premmington

premmington Member

James1979 and Gragson like this.
  2. Gragson

Gragson Forum Supporter

Ive got a mini set of Kennedy which are ok for the price and a set of bigger dentist picks - neither bend but doubt there anywhere near snap on quality per previous, don't use them enough so can't justify paying that much.

That is a good price. Tired with crap bendy jewellers screwdrivers I bought this set cheap kennedy set, been ok so far

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kennedy-...491310&hash=item1aa6b65469:g:Vq4AAOSwOQ9fiYCF

3. premmington

premmington Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eclipse-...334907?hash=item56cff82a3b:g:VY8AAOSww0Zd3noq

I buy sets of these for automotive ECU repairs. I like the little plastic stand on my bench.

They sell a chrome version for £30 - I can live with black for £15

What I like about these is - they have a taper on the blade which adds strength.

I have loads of little screwdrivers - from high priced Bergeon/Bernstein watchmakers ones - to ones from cheap phone repair kits - they all have uses!

I have a big WITTE set of odd ones - this is the "go to set" for triangle - square tip sizes.

James1979 and Gragson like this.
  4. James1979 Forum Supporter

Facom is good stuff. I have a lot of their screwdrivers. Few of them are pretty old and they aren’t really worn.

used to be able to get it from Halfords but not sure what happened there. I went on holiday to Europe a few years back and brought quite a bit back from a hardware shop in Belgium

5. keithski122 Member

uk
    I think the mac tool set is the same as snap on, I prefer the hard handle ones.Might be on ebay for a slightly better than van price.Again the wiggly one is in most use.

6. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

My favourite pick is actually a Kennedy mini screwdriver with a bent end. I buy loads of them for work, at 1.50 each they're disposable.

7. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Another vote for Snap-On from me, I had my cousin's roll cab when he was between jobs and the picks were the tool I missed most when he took it all back. Never broke or blunt one but I did manage to lose one under my lathe for a year and stab another one scary-deep into my hand. :doh:

8. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    We have a tool guy that cones by in a van, mostly off brand but hand selected from thailand tge picks were peanuts and seem to be holding up. When hes back I'll fibd out what brand they are

9. SierraV6 Member

Advertisements