Cutting 1.75 thread

1. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Thats how i would approach it, how dad taught me

2. Kram

Kram Member

I see you are not too fond of your fingers!

If you have a relatively clean tray, could have a flame pointing above the cut to burn the chips before they land, no build up of combustable material :laughing:

Seadog likes this.
  3. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    Aboms way is back to front!
    My way is simpler

4. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

Hmm. I have a lump of titanium for which I couldn't think of a use. Until the 'chromed' metal rod across the bottom of the roller blind in my bathroom went rusty :D
    I had an odd length of 1/2" 316 Sandvik tube that would do nicely to replace the rod, but that about the finials, those daft shaped things on the tube ends?
    Brass wouldn't look right in a bathroom with no other brass, and aluminium would dull at the first hint of moisture. Have no offcuts of 316 or 304 bar.
    I know, I thought, titanium. :whistle: So I tried to hacksaw it and managed to put a notch in it, then I tried drilling it and that went ok.
    Then I approached the bandsaw, with its brand new Starrett bi-metal blade... and chickened out :D
    So the Ti has gone back to being a paperweight and the blind still has no finials...:rolleyes:

slim_boy_fat, R Kraft and Seadog like this.
  5. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Cuts fine in a bandsaw if you have coolant

6. northwest

northwest Member

You have no idea! :-)

I cut the end off one of them with some titanium swarf a couple years back and I understand exactly what you mean. It was the only footage I had and I did think twice because of the finger thing because it can be dangerous. Still have them all so far though so my luck is holding.

Advertisements