CSWIP 3.1

1. paul teggart Member

Dungannon, county Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone with CSWIP accreditation, or know the ins and outs help me. My employer is proposing to put me and a colleague through CSWIP 3.1.
    While I would be wanting to gain entry via the mature candidates route, (welding for 20 years and welding foreman for 7), my colleague doesn't have supervisory experience, though he has been welding for 17 years. Can anyone advise on what would be the best course for him to gain entry without doing 3.0 first? How strict are TWI on these entry requirements?

Thanks in advance guys for any info.

2. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

I have 3.1 but to be honest can't answer your question, you're probably best giving them a call. Has he supervised an apprentice, stood in as foreman etc? Take credit for anything along those lines as supervisory.

It's well worth getting a copy of the course material beforehand and to read up if you can, especially if you've not done a course for a while.

3. paul teggart Member

Dungannon, county Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Thanks Burdekin, much appreciated. I don't think my colleague and I would worry too much about the course/exam, I recently went back to university to finish my BEng Mech. and my colleague is finishing his engineering HNC next month.
    I think you're right in that I should contact them. Although I've read from forums about the Cambridge training centre being very tight with regulations.
    I'll post up the outcome so others can know in the future what they're up against.

Thanks again.

4. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

In that case I doubt you will have any issue getting enrolled. I did mine in Aberdeen a while back now had heard the same but there were guys on the course who obviously didn't tick all the boxes.

Advertisements