Connector schematics or PROMIG 520R

1. trebor New Member

Hi,

I have old KEMPPI ProMIG 520R with analogue robotic interface and I would like to connect it with a robot controller, but I don't pin schematics for this connector. Attached picture.

Maybe somebody can provide robot control connector pin schematics?

Thank you very much.

Regards
    Robert

• IMG-20180515-WA0001.jpg
    • Capture11.JPG
    • IMG-20180515-WA0000.jpg
  2. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I may be able to help once I get to my home PC as I regularly fitted those 37 pin plugs in my last job so may have the drawings.

3. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I've been through all my old jobfiles from 20 years ago and can't find any info :( I have put a request up on a robot forum I use to see if they have anything.

Kemppi used voltage steps (1.25V, 2.5V etc.) to select the welding programs so you will need to calibrate the welding control output voltage quite accurately to make sure it selects the correct program. It is also quite sensitive to external influences so you will need to use ferrite beads/rings and tie any unused cores down to 0V rail.

....and welcome to the forum.

Parm likes this.
  4. trebor New Member

Hi Robotstar, :)

Thank you for helping me. I found some information on Chinese web site. Please take a look at attached pictures.
    It is something but I would like to be sure before I try to connect it. And also I am missing cable between 520R and 120R so I must make that to. :(

Regarding selecting programs, I will not use that over robot controller. Before starting welding, operator will select appropriate program on 520R panel based on material, gas, and wire, and robot will only control the wire speed(and the rest of the Digital I/O). While in synergic mode.

Again thank you for helping me. If you are able to find something I would really appreciate it.

Best regards
    Robert

• slik1.JPG
    • slik2.JPG
    • slik3.JPG
    • slik4.JPG
    • slik5.JPG
Advertisements