Compressor leaking air internally

1. Jessie sorrel New Member

Hi guys
    If I run the compressor with no air line attached then it holds air with no problem as soon as I attach an air line it sounds like the air is leaking inside the tank, I’ve checked the unloader valve and that seems to be ok
    Pic attached 6ECF1E89-2CC7-4E8F-9C2A-24DA9AA8DD23.jpeg

Memmeddu likes this.
  2. 123hotchef Member

what do u mean air leaking inside the tank? the tank is full of compressed air

gordon stephenson likes this.
  3. carbon

carbon Member

If it holds air without anything connected then whatever you are connecting has a leak somewhere, possibly on a coupling

Memmeddu, Hopefuldave and 123hotchef like this.
  4. hermetic

hermetic Member

Yorkshire UK
    when you attach the airline, it is empty, and you get a rush of air into the line to fill it up to tank pressure, then it should go silent again. If the hissing continues, it looks like there is a leak in the line or in the coupler.. If you cant hear or feel the leak, go round with a grip spray full of soapy water till you find it. If there was a leak back through the compressor, or the unloader valve, this would happen whether the hose was connected or not.

Memmeddu likes this.
  5. Jessie sorrel New Member

When I fit the air line I can hear what sounds air leaking inside there is no air leaking outside and the air gauge goes down.if I disconnect the pipe that goes from the compressor to the unloader valve no air comes out so the unloader valve is ok

6. Jessie sorrel New Member

Thanks for your time guys I think I’ve sorted it, it’s only happening when I use this one spray gun So there must be a blockage in it or something, what a muppet

123hotchef likes this.
  7. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark Member

We all learn from our mistakes.

Hopefuldave and 123hotchef like this.
  8. 123hotchef Member

ha ha easy fix it happens mate

Advertisements