Claw connector drawbacks?

1. Hi, going to be using a 1" drive impact gun and i normally use 1/2 hose with pcl xf connectors but im thinking for this i would be better with 1" hose with claw fittings straight off the tank.Any drawbacks other than having to open and shut a valve when changing tools?

2. Pete.

Pete. Member

Claw connectors are very secure but they do tend to leak a bit. If you can suffer the hiss they will do the job.

3. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I've found them to be pretty good but I'm using them in a fixed location. You can buy new rubber for them. For that application I thing it would worthwhile having a length of hose fixed to the gun with a claw on the end that way you can easily use a safety cable and if the claw comes undone then you won't have a heavy hose slapping you around the head.

4. brightspark

brightspark Member

I use 3/4 and half inch claw fittings on the shotblast airlines and have adaptors from claw to pcl can say that none of them leak DSCF1187.JPG DSCF1195.JPG [ the blue tank I take the fittings off and use it as a cooler strait through with the c couplings or fill it with air and use portable

• DSCF0958 (1).JPG
  5. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

Maybe if all the rubbers are as new and they are not being pulled about , its not always the case though and if they are pulled sideways they do tend to leak a bit. Full flow is what they are about and there is little else to match them :thumbup:

Bob

brightspark likes this.
  6. Carl Wilson Member

Make sure you have a safety R pin and/or and anti whip back line on it in case it let's go.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    we use a lot of claw fittings where I work. The look bulky but they work fine.
    Anti-whip cables on each connection, a short whip hose on your air tool to minimise vibration/sideways load on coupling, and some spare rubber gaskets.
    You'll not have many other problems.

slim_boy_fat and brightspark like this.
Advertisements