Churchill/monarch lathe steady

1. spencer 427 Member

Evening all.
    As some of are aware of my latest lathe purchase being a churchill/monarch C12 lathe. I am trying to find a picture of a monarch lathe steady so I know what to look for shape wise. Chances of finding them are small...but I found three original steadies for my empire lathe so who knows.

2. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

spencer 427 likes this.
  3. spencer 427 Member

Seadog likes this.
  4. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Hope you gave them a donation.

5. spencer 427 Member

A donation for what

6. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

To support their site.
    Tony would have billed you 40 quid

spencer 427 likes this.
  7. spencer 427 Member

I will be charging tony 40 sheets as he wants to do a full page on my Harrison lathe..

8. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    "Please Support the VintageMachinery.org site by Making a Donation
    While we do not charge for our service, it does cost us a considerable amount of money to bring all of this content to you. If you find the information on this web site useful, please consider making a donation to the Vintage Machinery web site. Donations will be used to offset the cost of bringing you this service to you and enhancing the site to include other useful features. Donations can be made through PayPal or by sending a check or money order to us."

PayPal makes it very easy to give someone the price of a beer online when they do you a favour. I try to (occasionally!)

pressbrake1 likes this.
  9. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    Tony offered me a photocopy of a lang manual for £60 .That annoys me as the people who own the rights to lang don’t charge that much!
    Machine manuals .co.uk are more honest at £12 , same quality as tony’s offerings

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  10. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Forum Supporter

essex england
    Ive linked you up with a fair few good finds! You just try and beat me to them..

spencer 427 likes this.
  11. spencer 427 Member

I appreciate that it's time and effort to supply us with useful information....so what I intend to do is this. I would like donations please as I offer a fantastic service of collecting vintage machinery and saving it from the scrap bin. I spend thousands of hours making it work and for people to perv over....

Farside and Seadog like this.
  12. spencer 427 Member

I have missed a few mate.

Advertisements