chinese diesel heater

1. bigegg

bigegg I drink and I know things. Its what I do.

i bought one.
    it doesn't work... :mad::(

i've jury-rigged it using a pc power supply, which is rated 15A at 12v.

it has a dial control, not the lcd one - and the led doesnt light, so no fault code to read. :rolleyes:

it switches on, and the fan runs, but the fuel pump does not run, and it shuts down after approx 40s.(ish - i havent timed it)
    the fuel pump *does* run when "priming mode" is activated.
    i'm running red diesel.

when i first switched it on, the fuel pump did run, but i didnt prime the fuel line, expecting it to self prime.
    i used paraffin for this first run. the pump ran. then it switched itself off after a couple of minutes. it hasnt run since (in normal mode)
    i drained the paraffin and bought some fresh red diesel, and primed the system - by using "priming mode" so there is a signal getting to the pump.

before i contact china, and go through all the aggro - does anyone have any ideas?

i have a 20a supply coming, due next week.

2. Kayos

Kayos Member

Do you use Facebook? There is a group, absolute gold mine of info. I left though as my heater worked out of the box and didn't soot up

bigegg and garethp like this.
  3. garethp Forum Supporter

sw scotland
    Are you sure its primed? Mine took 2 or 3 priming cycles to get all the air out of the fuel line. Might be an idea to pull the fuel line off the heater and point it into a jam jar to check the flow.

Can you also measure the current draw before it shuts down? The glow plug should draw over 10 amps as it heats up.

There is a Facebook page dedicated to these heaters which is really helpful for fixing issues.

bigegg likes this.
  4. bigegg

awaiting approval...

is greenhouse paraffin likely to have damaged anything?

5. garethp Forum Supporter

sw scotland
    I ran mine about a litre of paraffin through mine to start with before switching to kerosene/heating oil as it's cheaper. Doesn't seem to have caused any issues.

bigegg likes this.
  6. julianf

julianf Member

My vote would be a no.

I run my eberspacher on kerosene. The specified eberspacher service agent told me that would reduce sooting.

bigegg likes this.
  7. daedalusminos Member

I doubt it would have damaged anything

...as previously stated, make sure it's properly primed, no air bubbles, check you've got the pump at the right angle.

Check glow plug current draw if you can

bigegg likes this.
  8. gaz1

gaz1 Member

have you tried it on the car battery power system first ?

to see if it will light up that way

9. bigegg

i moved it into the shed, and can now see that i have "error code 3" - glow plug fault.

can that be caused by low power?

i don't have a spare car battery, and no easy way of connecting to the one on the car.

10. gaz1

gaz1 Member

this was referenced on the youtube page

Despite sending the vendor a link to this video, so far no replacement or further contact made, I have fitted a new glowpin - cost £38.00 and the heater works very well, looks as though no back up if you buy one of these.

11. daedalusminos Member

I would wait until you've got a good PSU

bigegg likes this.
  12. bigegg

i've emailed the seller. we'll see what happens.

13. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

I know that you have the fault code, but if they are the same as the Eberspaecher & the other European one (can’t recall the name although I’ve got one!)* there is also a voltage cutout, as soon as the voltage starts to drop they switch off to not flatten the vehicle battery below starting voltage. Just worth remembering if running it from a power supply.

Edit * it’s an age thing .......... it’s a Webasto

Advertisements