cheap mig wire

1. MyZuke

MyZuke If It Dunt Fit, HAMMER IT

Doncaster, UK
    UPDATE....

there was a little problem with one of the rolls of wire.
    i sent an email, and on a same day reply... a replacement sent first class.

i can definitely say i WILL keep this seller and use again for a first class service.

so nice to get good customer service, :clapping:
    when so many just want to grab your cash n run... :dontknow:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251052101301#ht_2057wt_780

2. SiPMerlin150

SiPMerlin150 Member

Try a roll of 'weldability' much less spatter and slag. Welds real smooth also. 2 x rolls is £15.00 to your door with express postage at no extra charge.

3. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Its bought in from China. There is no guarantee that the next spool will perform the same, it may even be a different supplier altogether.

4. SiPMerlin150

SiPMerlin150 Member

Really? Well, you certainly do learn something new every day..:o Its performed well so far, (well at the moment, half way through the roll)... theres less slag than the Sif wire previously used.... Interesting.

5. shenion

shenion Tool Pack Rat

I've use Weladability arc rods and a small roll of gas MIG wire. They were ok. Better than most of the Chinese junk. Maybe they actually do some quality control.

6. cracker666

cracker666 Don't follow me I'm lost too.

Northants, UK
    Reminds me of a joke.

Why is there so many chinese people in harrow.:rolleyes:
    when they get off the plane they say harrow mr taxi driver.:laughing::whistle::clapping::hug:

7. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Youve answered yourself

SiF and Weldability are the same firm

8. SiPMerlin150

SiPMerlin150 Member

I've always stuck to Sif's arc welding electrodes , (well the 6013's) as they have always performed for me. I'm a Sif fan :laughing:

9. bigrab2203

bigrab2203 Member

lanark scotland
    cheap wire

well ive been using the wire i bought from screwfix and it welds great one minute and sparks like a feckur the next so my welding although its never been that great is good then crap im not even posting my pics as i would just set myself up for a slagging lol

10. Kafer_meister Tinkerer

Worcester U.K.
    Of all the places I wouldn't admit to going, I got my last 5kg spool from halfords. It's SIP branded, which is normally a byword for tat, but I must say it's been fine and not gone rusty after a year or so. I got it on trade for about £12 a reel. In a pinch on a Sunday, it's not a bad idea.

11. tom-madbiker Member

i got some screwfix arc rods once a few great bargain at 12 quid for 5kg in the end i used most of them for pegs for anti weed barrier certainly no good for welding i like murex wire but its expensive at my local place 41 quid for a 5kg roll:o but on a sat afternoon and you need it you dont have a choice must remember to get some more in stock in case i run out again dont want to pay that price again

12. ntfarmer New Member

Hi new to forum.

just upgraded to a mig from old oil cool bantam stick welder. Reading lots of things about wire and dont buy cheep. Does any body know what brand welding supplies direct sell as not shown on website and there chat system does not seem to work. looking for 1mm mild steel for general use on farm and for welding up portal frame building for farm use.

Cheers

13. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Tom Orrow L likes this.
  14. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

At the moment all of our stock of wire is Bohler, which is a good brand of wire.
    Live chat does work, we’re just closed on weekends :)

15. ntfarmer New Member

What confused me was that the chat function on website keep telling me that I was first position in the queue not that it was not open on Saturday. Cheers for the info, Tom

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  16. Bbe555 Member

And the problem is ???

Advertisements