Cheap Dual Stage Argon Reg

1. Aff

Aff Member

I was looking for a new Dual Stage Argon regulator and saw this one posted in a thread on here somewhere:

Link

It seemed to be significantly cheaper than everything else out there so I thought I would take a punt and see what its like.

There wasn't any follow up to the suggestion in the other thread so I thought I would do a couple of tests and post the results.

Build wise its pretty good. The Gauges are obviously cheepies but the reg body seems very well built and has some weight to it.

Initial surge control seems good, significantly better than the other single stages I could compare against which were bouncing off the top of the flow meter:

Link

It also does a very good job maintaining flow with varying cylinder pressures. Here's it seeing 180-0 Bar and keeping constant output pressure to the very end:

Link

If anyone wants any more pics/video, let me know.

MBB, Dcal, Hopefuldave and 2 others like this.
  2. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

Thanks for taking the time to make the wee clips; I've had that 2-stage regulator from TBWS for well over a year now having never having seen another one myself I've never been able to compare its action - sounds like you have and give it the thumbs up!

Hopefuldave likes this.
  3. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Thought I reported mine is OK same results as @Aff

Aff and Hopefuldave like this.
  4. Aff

Aff Member

Ah, sorry buddy completely missed your thread. I was looking at the other ones where you linked to it.

I should have just replied to this one.

Good to see we're seeing the same results.

Advertisements