Bit of landscaping / fencing

1. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

At the back of my house there is 2500 sq ft of unregistered land which after speaking to a guy that years ago used to rent a garage on the land off the council , I approached the council to buy it ... but according to them (inc legal dept ) it isnt there's ... so it's now mine

After I've ripped out 15 trees with a jcb sitemaster im left with this

• IMG_0538.JPG
    • IMG_0539.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  2. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

after a bit more land clearing the fencing off begins .....

• IMG_0555.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  3. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Another angle

• IMG_0556.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  4. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

And today's efforts ...

• IMG_0576.JPG
    • IMG_0577.JPG
    • IMG_0578.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  5. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

For scale (I forgot the mug) the second to last photo is roughly half way across

Regards

Malc

6. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Is it 7 or 10 years for squatters rights, did you check land registry

7. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

12 years but I've already temp fenced off for 3 years . (And it's a land holders responsiblity to walk his boundaries once every 12 mths )

And if he last known owner was the council (which 15 years ago it was as someone paid rent to them ) ... and they say it isn't there's (I've had the environmental warden out twice to confirm this ) once when I was planning it and once just before to confirm my plans .

Yes I've checked land registry and it's unregistered.. as did the warden ... we all agree it , the owner is unknown ... but last owner in recent history was the council ... go figure but no-one inc neighbours is objecting

Malc

Parm and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Good to go then
    Friend tried it the adjoining owner turned up after i think 6 years an expensive time for both

9. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

I'm detached and adjoined by council land at the rear / on one side and on the other my neighbour is going to gain a next door allotment in my new garden (I'm not a gardener ) so he isn't complaining .... only caviat I have off the council is no no fence over 2 Meters ... what u see is 6 ft and they aren't objecting .... it I intent to screen off with a climber about 2 ft over fence level as that then isn't a fence lol

I can easily see how trying what I am could be a minefield .... but in my specific case ... the dominoes just line up

Malc

10. colnerov

colnerov Member

Hi, As far as I was aware all land in the UK belongs to someone, if it's not registered to anyone it then belongs to the Crown/Queen. If she pitches up on your doorstep wanting to know what you're doing, send her to the council and let them sort it out.:laughing:

Colin

slim_boy_fat and HopefullySoon like this.
  11. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

I'm house hunting at the moment and it's quite common for houses to come with a parcel of land that doesn't appear on the deeds and has been used by the current occupier for years, sometimes decades.

12. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Great score, and looking great...

13. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

14. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for links, I've put them in the Links section.

15. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

My house came with two unregistered parcels of land which when I bought it my brief registered it at there expense and cost under 'should have been done before it came to us ... They will pay to sort it' .... And she did with sworn statements over the land 'to the best of their beliefs '

This bit of land was never part of the house sale obv , and if I could shove a few quid in someones hand to have it I would (would simplify matters) no one seems to adimit to owning it so risk it for a biscuit lol

Malc

16. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

And another day at it this weekend leaves me with this ( gap left open for jcb to return ) also one more panel on the rear than the photo

Malc

On the left of the gap in the fence for the gate I haven't welded yet will be a 6x5 garage (eventually) and to the right will
    Be a been greenhouse with raised beds

• IMG_0598.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  17. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

And down the side ....

• IMG_0601.JPG
    • IMG_0602.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  18. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

When the jcb returns he will be clearing this for me and grading it out

Malc

• IMG_0544.JPG
    • IMG_0545.JPG
    andy_v likes this.
  19. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Just to update this thread with where I'm up to and also open a vipers nest .

On Friday just gone I recieved a letter off the council for plan perm and ground rent , (as somebody with nothing better to do) complained to the council saying I'm taking council land and apparently i need to apply for planning permission (fair enough )and an annual ground rent of 190 plus 3% RPI Per year rent (TOTALLY unacceptable!!!)

Once I got over the F Me factor , I sent emails to all my local councillors saying get round here now , And to be fair two of 3 ward councillors, I got 2 together within 72 hours to my door .

We all agree that I have improved the local environment due to lack of space to fly tip , set fires and , letting sunlight into gardens , no rat infestations and having an email trail with a paid advocate of the council with prosecutorory powers showing my intent helped no end .

I've made it perfectly clear that renting the land to me is the worst possible outcome (it's going to be a mill stone round my neck if/when I sell it , And I'm about 2.5 k in cash wise with fencing and jcbs ) and that's not an acceptable outcome ! As what I've spent sorting out council land is min 12 yrs rent imo . (And the councillors)

We have agreed (me and the councillors) that a peppercorn payment is to be made in payment to buy it but (in so far as I've acted responsibly to to Information recieved , fed to me by a guy with enforcement power on council land ! )

As the Chinese curse goes 'may you(we) live in intresting times . And I am lol

Malc

Advertisements