B.E.N Patents broomwade pump

1. Richie mac Member

Hi guys I finally bit the bullet and joined you guys having followed some past posts and finding them very informative....... I'm now in need of help and hoping you guys can come up with the answers I'm seeking.
    I recently bought this compressor on eBay for the princely sum of £10, A bargain I thought. There seems however to be very little info on Google that helps with the info I need to get it running. The tag on the base plate says it's a B.E.N Patents type pd7 but if anyone can provide any help with the pump model,output and size motor required etc I'd be eternally grateful...... Thanks in advance

Regards Richie

• IMAG0261.jpg
  2. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/broomwade-compressor-valves.8486/ ;)

3. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

4. Richie mac Member

Thanks for replying roofman .......I actually read all the broomwade pump posts I could find on here and other pages but couldn't find the info I needed. My pump looks identical to the ac 10 but has shorter bores judging by the one less Finn in hight......I need to know which model so I can try figure out the motor/pulley sizes needed etc

5. johnser

johnser Member

Try emailing compair with your model number. They might have a .PDF to help. Be nice though, they're very good to help out with such ancient machines

Richie mac likes this.
  6. Richie mac Member

Hiya Johnser
    thanks for the idea. Just spoke to a guy called Chris at Gardner Denver who now own companies by all accounts......... Turns out he did his apprenticeship on these machines many yrs ago and have emailed him some pics. Hopefully he can help with the info I need:D cheers again for ya help fella
    if anyone else has any experience of these pumps any input on motor, pulley sizeor anything really would be greatly appreciate. Thanks guys

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  7. Topleymike Member

I scrapped a very tired Ben patents compressor a couple of years ago can't remember the output,do remember the date on the receiver was 1953. The pump was from memory roughly 2feet tall it had a 200 ltr receiver however the brooks motor fitted is now running a pillar drill and the plate says 1.5 hp 1450 rpm and it has a 4" pulley hope this helps.

Richie mac likes this.
  8. Richie mac Member

Thanks topleymike I'll keep that in mind

9. Eric Walker New Member

Hi,new member here so first post. I know this is an old thread but came across it and thought I may be of help to Richie Mac. I have a broom wade PD7 portable compressor and thought I'd add some info and if I can manage it also some photos.
    My example is fitted with a Crompton Parkinson motor number SP 8643S. 1.5 bhp 1425rpm 230v 9.4 amps 50Hz single phase. The pulley is approx 6.5" in diameter a bit less if you are allowing for the vee. View attachment 200030 image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg View attachment 200030 image.jpeg View attachment 200030

Advertisements