Aston Martin Restoration

1. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

I started back on the Aston today after a long break. I've been busy with other stuff including some Formula 1 work which has been really exciting.

I have a feeling the Aston will come together quickly. Preparation for the right hand sill feels like it has taken forever, but now I have clean metal, everything is in the right place, so it's just welding nice new clean bits from here.

I've been careful to take loads of photos, and they'll start off the practical auto restoration section on this site soon.
    In the meantime chack out http://www.aston-v8.co.uk for progress.

Malcolm

2. Phill Member

Berkshire
    Been looking through your restoration and it's very impressive work!

look forward to some updates

3. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Top secret - there's another Aston for me to do after I've finished this one. The new one really needs some work.

For the first Aston, having put off figuring out Aluminium welding for soo long it's now become the thing that everything else hinges on. I'm building confidence, so that's a job for next week. After that we'll be on the homeward roll with painting and putting back together. Updates soon....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  4. sclurgess Member

northants
    the "new one" doesnt look to bad

5. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Most of the chassis has fallen off this one, and just about every alu panel has been botched. I have some less flattering shots which will go up on the Aston site as soon as we figure what we're going to do with the car.

Advertisements