Any scaffold tower recommendations?

1. reb78 Member

Herts UK
    I will get some more pics and measurements for you later. That picture is with the foot crossbars against the wall and at the top its almost against the gutter. So unless you have no overhang on your gutters it should be fine.

waddycall likes this.
  2. reb78 Member

Herts UK
    The sides are like welded ladder frames that slot into each other so I dont know if that makes clamps less important. You can put the cross braces at 12inch intervals on the uprights I think.

3. MattF

MattF Member

I doubt there'd be a notable difference strength/rigidity wise, but when you're dismantling & reassembling, (for shifting round a typical building site, for example, where they tend to put most assault courses to shame), the clamps greatly reduce dismantling & assembly time.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  4. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Indeed. Can reach up and clamp them one side hanging for easy reach once up the first lift. I couldn't be without wheels. Especially when working on facias and soffits

MattF likes this.
  5. vw-al

vw-al Member

I used to have a heavy duty steel one but it became to heavy to put up on my own (worn out elbows) now have an Alto Aluminium tower easier to move, lighter, adjustable feet.
    E33220ED-190F-4ECE-BC78-B5D3463A0EED.jpeg

6. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

I shan't comment on where the ratchet straps attached to. :)
    Was looking at these the other week. Look well made

vw-al, MattF, Gragson and 1 other person like this.
  7. vw-al

vw-al Member

It’s NOT the down pipe, I’m not that much of a cowboy :laughing:. There are 2 chemical eye bolts in the wall:thumbup:

bigegg and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  8. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Lol. Certainly gave that impression in the pic. :) I stand corrected

vw-al and brightspark like this.
  9. brightspark

brightspark Member

I have a 5x5 galve steel tower on wheels not the thin cheap crap ones. goes to 26 foot. good part is its nice and solid to work off much better than the alloy ones and slots together easier than the ally ones :)bad part is its heavy but no big deal if its left up for ages on a job

vw-al likes this.
  10. brightspark

brightspark Member

nowt wrong with tying a ladder to a downpipe :laughing:specialy when your on your own and no one to foot it

vw-al likes this.
Advertisements