Any 35mm camera fans here?

1. Parm

Parm You can take a horse to water but ....

Ive still got an OM2 SP I bought from new. Range of Olympus prime lenses too.

Its now worth more than what I paid for it

stuvy and willie.macleod like this.
  2. zx9

zx9 Member

I had not been looking at MF, I have a SQ and four lenses stashed away somewhere, I will probably trip over the Sinar whilst looking for it. :)
    Problem was at one time I worked in a used toy camera shop and bought a lot of 'trade ins' from customers, it did get a bit out of control at times.

Wallace, Westfield-builder and gt6s like this.
  3. zx9

zx9 Member

Now we are talking, 1, 2N, 2SP, 4 and 4ti, I was never an OM user but they were nice cameras.

willie.macleod and Parm like this.
  4. gt6s Member

I have a SQ also 3 lenses Bought for £220 Near I0 years ago when colour roll film became no more. Colour I20 film is back Bronicas now fetch £525

Parm and zx9 like this.
  5. marlinspike Member

United Kingdom
    I have an OM 10, manual adaptor etc., even the box it came in. And a few old cameras, though nothing of value. I used to print my own photos with an enlarger years ago. Always fancied a medium or large format camera like Ansel Adams.

Parm likes this.
  6. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Forum Supporter

UK London
    I used to use a beautiful Wista field camera. 4x3 inch negatives, single frame loading, bag over the head and squint at the ground glass screen etc. Cherry wood and brass it really made you pick your shot and concentrate on the composition.

Then I got burgled...

marlinspike likes this.
  7. zx9

zx9 Member

:( 1/4 plate ?

8. chunkolini

chunkolini celebrity artiste

Worth very little.
    I gave a pile away to the art college a year or so back.
    BUT!
    I reckon Trendy Boys and Girls will rediscover this old tech. See the way vinyl went in the end.
    I see art students in Swansea laden down with 35mm gear. Hang onto them for the beardy checked shirt wearers when they grow up a bit

zx9, stuvy, BarrieJ and 1 other person like this.
  9. brightspark

brightspark Member

like everything else cost a fortune but not uses and you have had it years now outdated and worthless but is just an ornament and you wont part with it :vsad:

marlinspike and 500e like this.
  10. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Forum Supporter

UK London
    Google tells me it was actually a 5x4. I got one good season out of it with a trip to Provence. Picture quality was insane but my actual photography wasn’t really that good. Might see if I can dig out some pics.

True story. I “discovered” an old bicycle firmly embedded in a tree in Aix. Must have been buried in there since WW2. Next day I went back to take a picture, it had been ripped out! Can’t have been a coincidence but it was really really annoying...

zx9 likes this.
  11. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark perkele

Bath camera exchange.
    OM 10 bare body, £35.

Lenses similar from £10 to £35.

Sad, as a few years ago the OM 10 was selling for £80 plus.

willie.macleod, stuvy and 500e like this.
  12. These guys are advertising for old film cameras. The previous post, about film coming back in, could explain why. Opposite end of the country, from you though. They are just up past Inverness. Be worth an email at least

www.ffordes.com

stuvy likes this.
  13. zx9

zx9 Member

It is good to see them still in business they used to have a very good reputation for mail order used equipment, both buying and selling.

14. marlinspike Member

United Kingdom
    Yes, prices have certainly dropped over the last 2 years or so. I think part of it is that phone cameras are so good that there just isn't that much demand for cameras in general, except from professionals and keen hobbyists. A quality slr is a thing of beauty though, just from an engineering/tech view.

Advertisements