Another Broomwade Compressor post.

1. David Nightingale New Member

Hi All,
    I have recently purchase a 1966 Broom Wade RM20 Compressor set up. I am amazed at how well it works. I have decided to carry up and light restoration and a general tidy up. I was wondering if anyone can help me with parts information and setting up the oil fed unloader as it was damaged by the previous owner moving it with Fork lift :doh: Here are the pictures as purchased.
    Comp1.jpg

Comp2.jpg
    Comp3.jpg

Thanks in advance if any one can help:thumbup: Dave.

fixerupper likes this.
  2. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

sure don't make em likre that anymore....u'll be able to give to ur gran kids still working.......I think.....
    nice one......
    do u really need the oil fed unloader.....? could be expensive to replace.....? have u tried running without as it seems u already have the air unloader pipe going to the on-off switch.......
    just asking......

David Nightingale likes this.
  3. David Nightingale New Member

Thanks for the reply. The oil feed unloader is ok it was just the link rod and top arm that was bent. I have figured the how they work. I was really after a parts diagram or service manual, if anyone can help.

I will be sure to leave it to the gran kids if I ever have any:D

fixerupper likes this.
  4. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

One like that round at the shop, it has an annual inspection and the chap removes one of the glands in the tank side and mics it then does an endoscope inspection and puts it back together. This one came from Rolls Royce in Derby and is about 70 years old.

Advertisements