Almost new to compressed air

1. Micksea New Member

20190917_164319.jpg 20190917_164335.jpg
    Hi,new to the forum and I've just bought this Clarke industrial 160 litre tank to combine with my Stanley 24 litre compressor. I will only be using it to blow up tyres and using a blow gun to dry parts of our cars when I wash them,initially.I've bought a cheap regulator and ordered some euro male and female couplings.Anyone got any thoughts on inlet/outlet setup and any fittings suitable to replace those on the tank? TIA

2. Ruffian Member

Just blank of everything you have there and on the one at the end of the tank put your airline ends on that.
    Link the compressor to this tank as a receiver.

3. Micksea New Member

Yes that's my plan,the one at the end is some kind of shraeder valve that you twist,I'm going to connect a 15m reel to the end and possibly a 5m coil to another port then use the third port as my inlet,I just need fittings to screw my QD outlets into and something for the inlet.I'm thinking of someach kind of adapter to attach to the existing fittings.

4. WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

Might be worth fitting a valve in the system for the times you just want a little air quickly then you only need to wait for the 24ltr tank to fill not hang around for the small compressor to fill 184lts from zero.

cianh91 likes this.
  5. Micksea New Member

For what I use it for I'm hoping to be able to fill the tanks then turn the compressor off to cut down on noise,my garage is attached to the house,the two tanks should last me all day for what I need.

Advertisements