aldi air nailer /stapler

1. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    had an aldi staple/brad gun for a while , never really used it much , but got it out and find it randomly mis fires /doesnt whack a nail in, due to the way it buries it a bit its hard to see if theres one gone in

is this the way cheap ones are ...or something i can look at fixing ?

also can i control the depth it whacks em in , id rather it not beat them in so far , tried less air but it doesnt seem to like it

2. When I bought a secondhand Silverline (I know) nailer, the first time I tried it I didn't think it was working. It buried the nails deep into the timber. I needed staples but never got around to buying them so it's been in the box on the shelf for three years now. Out of curiosity I phoned Silverline to obtain spare parts. I found out they don't supply parts for any of their products, which was odd seeing as the instructions showed an exploded parts diagram with part numbers. So I NEVER recommend Silverline tools of any kind. Worse still, since that time I've been plagued with Silverline emails that I can't stop. The force can be adjusted on the back of the piston.

3. Onoff Member

I had an Aldi 230V stapler bought for me as a present. First time I went to use it, It went BANG and I mean really went BANG.

The End.

4. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

Had the best "Bostich" how ever it's spelt...brill till it got nicked.......
    now like u only buy the cheapo ones.....to get the nail head higher u need to lower the press.....but u also need a 8mm hose dia min......
    they do tend to be a bit erratic.......
    just got mine out for a job been in store for 5-6 years...first time used it the nylon piston disintergrated.....oopppps
    so it seems they r now throw away items.....when my lathe is back up and running I'll make a new one.....
    top o the line nailer (small) will set u back £200 squids....so 30 for a Lidil / Aldi special aint so bad.....

My Bostich came from the States when I was working there......over there, if u buy enough nails they give u the gun FREE.......
    also they are norm less than 1/2 the price of here.......
    good ol Blighty........hahaha.......

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  5. Nick DV

Nick DV Member

6. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    looks same as aldi one...where are you altering the depth, i have a nut on the trigger but assume thats the saftey

7. Nick DV

Nick DV Member

There's an adjustment mechanism on the other side of the magazine.

8. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

My Aldi/Lidl one has a depth setting on the safety stop that pushes against the work. There is a black plastic knob that you can adjust the depth with, I can’t show a photo because my son has borrowed it. You can’t adjust the ooomph much, only by adjusting the pressure, but by adjusting the knob you can stop it punching down so deep. It’s a great bit of kit, I hope this makes sense

steveo3002 likes this.
  9. Perry Owens

Perry Owens Member

Surrey,UK
    The depth setter is part #16. Turn it anti clockwise to decrease the depth.
    Nailer.JPG

Nick DV likes this.
  10. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    great thanks

11. On the subject of Silverline, yesterday we were using our Silverline less than a year old heat gun, when it went bang. Thinking it had just blown the thermal link I stripped it and found the casing had started to melt and the element did not have sufficient separation between the heating coils to prevent them touching adjacent coils when they sag during heating. Lethal machine.

Advertisements