Air line questions

1. Jonathan Webb

Jonathan Webb Member

I've bought a cheapo air filter regulator (mentioned on here somewhere I think) for my light duty setup.
    (1) I understand it is best to mount it near/at the tool end rather than the compressor. Is that correct?
    (2) Is there a convention for which side plugs & couplers go - eg couplers on the discharge side?
    (3) I have one or more central heating coils lying around that I could make into a cooler. What is the most efficient way get from (PCL XF) fittings to 22mm tube? I could use a compression fitting female thread to 3//4" BSP then how to get to 1/4" for the PCL fittings? Many thanks Screenshot at 2019-10-31 16-13-24.png

2. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    You should be able to get a 3/4-1/4 reducing bush without too much issue. You coule also use a 3/4 bsp to hose barb and fit some air hose to it.

Generally you put the couplings on the outlets, mostly because they are bulkier and they are more expensive.

Jonathan Webb likes this.
  3. Jonathan Webb

Jonathan Webb Member

4. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    If you leaving the cooler permanently inline then there no point using airline fittings, a barb and hose is not inferior many airline hoses use a barb fiiting. I would a single or double ear clip. Once they are on properly they never come off, you have to cut them.

5. dholdi Member

The coupling goes on the outlet as it has the valve in it that stops the air coming out.

6. Jonathan Webb

Jonathan Webb Member

Thanks on all counts. The setup is probably semi-permanent or less.

Advertisements