Air compressor unknown

1. jason john New Member

Hi I'm just hoping somebody on here can tell anything about this Ingersoll Rand air compressor I have been given and it doesn't say what the CFM is any information would be gratefully appreciate received_507544179802708.jpeg received_498313651020586.jpeg

2. julianf

julianf Member

Most beefy 1ph units are about 14cfm, as that is about the most energy you can suck out of a 13a 240v socket...

I know this is a little vague, but, if it's at the chunkier end of the 1ph family, it will be around that.

3ph, and I'll have no comment.

3. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

what Hp is on the motor plate 3Hp is most for 13amp plug
    if so could be 10 to 14 cfm

4. Spark plug

Spark plug Member

Looking at the size of the motor using the 50 litre recover for scale and the rather large looking pulley on the motor, I would guess closer to 10 than 14 cfm.

5. jason john New Member

Hi all thanks for the quick replies I was hoping that it was 14cfm so I could sandblast some car parts like wishbone and things like that I have another picture for yous to look at maybe will help IMG_20191009_012755.jpg

6. jason john New Member

And is there another way to make this compressor work for sand blasting I have another 50ltr tank with a silly cheap motor on it 120psi 8.1cfm 8bar

7. Spark plug

Spark plug Member

Ok, so the motor is 1.5hp, unfortunately that will probably mean 6-8cfm.

8. jason john New Member

Not great news then I was given it as payment for a job as the guy said he used it to spray old classic cars and it said 16.5 psi on it so I thought it was better than my wee cheap one as it only has 120psi well looks like I was wrong so basically my we cheap one is actually better than this one

9. jason john New Member

Sorry I made a mistake in that last message I ment it had 16.5bar not psi and mine cheap one was 8 bar

10. jason john New Member

Could I put a 3hp motor on this air compressor

11. carbon

carbon Member

The model of these compressor is usually marked in this position
    A740B552-2F03-4F9F-A3EB-0118F44F598F.jpeg

I don’t think the cfm is then listed on that but can help identify the machine

12. jason john New Member

Can't find anything on Google on the model IMG_20191009_031213.jpg

13. Wallace

Wallace Member

Link the two compressors together, what blasting kit do you have?

14. Ton-up

Ton-up Member

Looks like that motor has been changed. Ingersol rand wouldn't fit a chinese motor like that!

15. carbon

carbon Member

The pump on these are made by abac. I can’t find it this morning but there is a pdf that list dimensions for there pumps to help identify it

16. chris pruteanu Member

It says Made In Taiwan and its actually quite a good motor that !

17. jason john New Member

Hi everyone thanks for the info I'm using a sandblasting tub just a gravity fed one with a normal blasting gun kinda like a air gun for blowing dust of stuff I'm thinking of getting a pressurised blasting pot I'm new to all this I have a general idea but just don't have the technical side of it I'm lost lol Google didn't help there's so many different answers to one question I was happy when I seen a forum for compressors and stuff the guy I got it of showed me the cars he sprayed with the compressor my wee compressor cuts out after 10 mins overheating I hope this one can run for longer I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this on the this forum thanks guys/girls

18. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

That's the receiver test pressure.

19. jason john New Member

Sorry to sound a bit stupid but what does the receiver test pressure mean :)

20. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

All receivers are tested at a higher pressure than the rated pressure so that there is a margin of safety. My older IR compressor has a TP nearly double the rated pressure.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements