Advice with welding course/work.

1. Vatax New Member

Hi forum crew,
    I have quite compicated question. 5 years ago i came to UK from Poland. In Poland i was a MIG, MAG and TIG (only stainless steel) welder for 2 and a half year. From beggining in UK, i'm working in food factory and i would like get back to welding in UK. I have certificate BS EN 287 (for MAG) but i know is expired. What i should do? Do i must have valid certificate to start working as a welder in UK? If i must have it, where i can search around Bristol? On beggining i would like to back to welding but im thinking of coded welding as final carrier.
    Thank you for any help.
    Regards

Yamhon likes this.
  2. Wonderweaver

Wonderweaver Member

Can anyone help with this??

Yamhon likes this.
  3. No need for valid certs, you would have to re test anyway. Most places will be interested in previous experience

Yamhon likes this.
  4. F.J.

F.J. Member

Dobry dzień!

Do you have pictures of your work when back home in Poland and do you also have your old certificate to show you were coded?

These will help to prove your experience when looking for work although there are plenty of places that would offer you a trial I’m sure. Not being from Bristol I cannot say where they are but having experience working along side people from Poland they were excellent welders.

powodzenia

Yamhon likes this.
  5. Vatax New Member

Thank you for all answers. I really like welding and i really missing that work. Now i'm more motivated to change my current work. Thanks again. Cheers!

Yamhon and F.J. like this.
Advertisements