Admin/mods ?

1. arther dailey Member

How about starting a fresh column for people just joining and asking info on what welders , my thoughts being you could do a list to show all the reviews people like @8ob have done on here about their real life experiance with kit they have bought.
    I just think it would be soo usefull to anyone to be able to peruse all those details from the various threads that people have already taken their time to post , then with the information gleened they would have a better understanding of whats available/usefull and in budget to them to start with.
    obviously someone would have to compile it but sure it would be a usefull addition .

8ob likes this.
  2. stuvy

stuvy Member

It’s needs some one to do a review of all of the machines that’s the problem

maybe people could review there own and type it up?

3. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

arther dailey and stuvy like this.
  4. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

Perhaps "sticky" the reviews in the buying a welder section so they dont get buried :dontknow:

Bob

stuvy, mtt.tr and arther dailey like this.
  5. arther dailey Member

Agree, something along those lines so there is a specific place to check out all reviews loaded on forum

6. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet Not the 'hipster' Hood thinks I am...

One issue is that people do reviews on more than just welding machines and if you created one sub-forum for welding machines the expectation might be there that one be there that one is created for each and every 'tool' category. Or, if one forum was created for just reviews (irrespective of tool/product) then the existing organisation of forums isn't reliable.

I'm going to be Devil's Advocate; this forum has an excellent, reliable search facility - let people (learn how to) use it, it isn't hard as per the link from @skotl

7. sako243

sako243 Member

Can threads or posts have tags? That way a link at the top could search through all posts for that tag?

arther dailey likes this.
  8. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Can't wait for the "Show us your allen keys" thread. :laughing::scared:

jerrytug, slim_boy_fat and Mark 2 like this.
  9. sako243

sako243 Member

I'd like that, I can't remember where mine have ended up so maybe someone can find them for me? :clapping:

Alan Reynolds likes this.
  10. arther dailey Member

my thoughts were I have seen quite a few reviews over last few years , but not being computer orientated unless someone actually puts a link up like @skotl( thankyou ) for me to find one let alone compare all the reviews that already have been done by members is a bit of a chore , so on behalf of new comers who are looking to get a first welder it really would be good to have a specific place to check out reviews from members and along the way learn the differance between inverter and transformer machines etc etc , so from the get go people would be more educated and prepared to buy what was suitable for there actual end use and in the correct price bracket they were looking for.

skotl likes this.
  11. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet Not the 'hipster' Hood thinks I am...

But there's an element of people needing to educate themselves, no?

The information is largely there already in the Buyers Guide.

12. arther dailey Member

doesnt need to be a forum in its own right , just a section where reviews would be listed , yes some are very computer able , I although good on tools struggle on the lap top, and can spend hours where my brother will come in rattle the keys and presto its there , not every one is wired the same eh , and its just helpfull thing to new comers to welding was my idea , agree there is a line that has to be drawn but one of the most asked questions repeatably on here is which welder should I buy , its repeated week in generally , so as it is a welding forum.... allen keys ! ye dont buy the cheap silvery ones they just bend:doh::):)

13. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Isn’t it called the Search button. Once upon a time, people searched on subjects before asking. Instead of clogging up the site with multiple ‘what's this like’ Threads

Two good exampleS; 3d printers, and ultrasonic cleaners. There must be 4 threads for each subject currently all discussing the same subject

roofman, Seadog, jerrytug and 2 others like this.
  14. arther dailey Member

thats exactly the point though , surely if your a newbie who doesnt know what do you search :dontknow:

15. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Review threads should ideally be marked as such to make them easy to find anyway, we asked people to do that some time ago.
    No matter what we do people will still join to ask the same old questions.
    You can lead a horse to water etc.

16. arther dailey Member

if the trough said . Welder reviews. the horses would find it easier , thats all ime saying .:)

17. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

You would still need to narrow it down. By searching

18. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    No they wouldn't, they'd still post a new thread saying they were looking for some water and could anyone recommend a decent trough they could drink from.
    They'd say that the water must be of the highest purity but they only wanted to walk a short distance for it and that the ground must be flat and soft. :D

19. colnerov

colnerov Member

Lol, You've been this way before, haven't you?

arther dailey and stuvy like this.
  20. arther dailey Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Advertisements